Lake Ont Salmon Fisherman

Fishmaster

I got out a few times last year, got a few fish with in-line planer boards early, then a couple fish in August off the Rigger and off Dipsey's...Got a second rigger for this year, and some more rods, planning to do more of it since i'm minutes away from Lake O.

092909.jpg

Edited by Pigeontroller

i love salmon fishing and fish lake ontario lots of times and have been chartering for about 15 yrs,and i have crewed on several boats and fish the derbys as well,i will start in a few weeks from now,down around port dalhousie,that pic of you looks like the welland canal.i love that spot in early april ....cant wait..... :clapping::thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Yes wont be long we will be off the south shore pounding the Kings ..i use to run the big boards 90% of the time in the spring for kings now its all little Walleye boards running Reef Runners and Silver Streaks with a small dipsy .. this year i have a wack of new products to try for spring had awesome fishing with them late last summer ..Kone Zones and Split Kings..they will be my 1st attemp this spring ..i usally start my charters the 1st 2nd weekend of april not sure if i will be able to get in that early this year ..if not ill be fishing outa the tinner till the marina unthaw..

Edited by Fishmaster

I just started last sumer out on Lake O mostly out of Whitby. Was my 1st year and I love it. Can't wait to get the boat back out on the water. Had a pretty good summer for someone who didn't (or still doesn't) know anything about downriggin!! As for tips I'm not too sure I can pass any your way but I'm always interested in new ideas.

Craig

Thats what im talking about O Ya can't wait to get the boat uncovered and back in action ....i didn't get to pull to many in myself last year but landed a hell of alote for others ..this one was caught on a Froggie Hot Spot with a glow Batrix .

mekingbaitrix.jpg

Here are some other pictures if ya wana have a lookie

http://shardcastle.photosite.com/album1/

Edited by Fishmaster

There is nothing wrong with eating Salmon from Lake Ont ....that fish was deformed from the Hacth..

twins.jpg

See your HUmpy in the center ..its not very easy to pick out all the bad fish outa a Million Fry..

humpy.jpg

Edited by Fishmaster

We did the salmon thing for years but we are getting out a lot later in the day and have to pass over some great walleye spots on the way so we spent most of last year fishing eyes.

Now that we decided to ell with the big $ derby tickets freinds are asking to go after the salmon and I hope to get out more this year.

Fish have abnormalities regardless of the body of water!!

The big "O" has its fair share of beautiful fish, and in my opinion is a world class fishery that we have right in our back door. For instance take a gander at these beauties from last year:

Big King @ Night:

med_gallery_476_219_45663.jpg

My Bro & Pops With a descent king and a 17lb COHO what a beaut!

gallery_476_219_7789.jpg

GOOD MORNING Miss "O"

gallery_476_219_8770.jpg

Breathtaking Morning:

gallery_476_219_48169.jpg

What A Bigun!! (Notice the smile talk about proud of myself!)

med_gallery_476_219_16320.jpg

Were Lucky to have such a quality fishery in our back yard!!!

and theres nothing wrong with taking a little one home for the BBQ These are short lived animals, im sure if you ate a twenty pound pike (20 yrs old) from the same waters that would be plenty of time for it to build up a signifiquent amount of mercury in its flesh, but a 5 lbs salmon is probably around 1 yr old, I highly doubt thats enough time to build up to much mercury in its flesh.

Just my opinion,

Jason!

Edited by bassassin

I finally got a boat big enough to start playing in the big waters for the salmon last fall. Hoping to be on Lake Ontario within the next few weeks learning how to catch them. Should be fun, hopefully won't take too long to catch onto what they like. Can't wait!

Spring is right around the corner which means times for Lakers and Salmon. Can't wait. First start with planners, then dipsys then riggers, then casting Cleos in fall.

An early spring Salmon from Last year

DSC03124.jpg

An early Lake Trout from last spring

DSC03119.jpg

Cheers

Al

www.alsadventures.ca

Edited by spoonman