Lake Ont Salmon Fisherman

Fishmaster

Correct Fishmaster, that pic was just past Charles Daley heading west...You can see the Beacon(used to be the family business) in the top right corner!

Kinda figured so as i am on that part of the lake from april till Oct ever year for the past 20 years ...this spring if your out call me on the VHF ...

Hey Fishmaster!

This 38 inch girl is my first and only salmon - caught off the rocks in Port Credit last fall. I fish that river nearly every saturday and sunday of the open water season. This spring I'm gettin' a small boat so come fall I won't have to fight for elbow room on shore! I'm going to park myself just out of casting range of the crazies on shore......Last year two guys almost went at it over a tangled line! hahaha no thanks!

UF

my_salmon.jpg

This is why we shouldn't use Fish Bonkers... :stretcher:

076553.jpg

LOL Actually its a disease mostly found mostly in hatchery fish called whirling disease it damages skeletal tissue and cartlidge. I found this out after i caught a fish in Bronte creek that looked similar to that one in the pic, did some research and found articles like this.

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.d...608/1002/SPORTS

I've started fishing for the big boys in the big O and Errie waters last year.

Planning to start early and be more regular this year.Need to get myself another downrigger and second rod/reel combo and I'll be set to go. Always looking for good company on the water as well.

Here is a nice one from last August on Lake O.

IMGA1462.jpg

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

anyone got any tips for me? I have a 14' lund deep with a 15hp honda four. I am going to start the lake O salmon this year. My set up is 2 big john electrics that I bought a few years back and some spoons ( have no clue were I got em) I live in ajax so I am gona be out at both nuke plants (pickering and darlington) but I really don't have a good idea on speeds or baits or even how far out from the cannon ball I should be back with my baits. I used to fish salmon as a kid with a family friend my biggest was a 28pnd chin, with a serious coho at one time as big as a carp but lost it ( insert fish story here) ever since then I have had the itch to go out again but never had the means till now. Any ideas on how to get a good start for speeds? or baits?

Get yourself some Spin Doctors Mountain Dew Crush and Atomik flies ....find what depth the fish are let out 10 ft lead hook to your ball you will catch fish ..Lymans are also good NK spoons Dream Weaver Spoons when ya go to a tackle store look on the wall for the last of that color lure thats usally the hot baits