Just a heads up

Although I am a die hard fan of plain ole mono CTC has the above mentioned line on sale for 40% off or 14.99 a box I am going too try this braid thing again!! :Gonefishing:

I was an old school monofilament guy as well, until this year...have really been impressed with Power Pro on my Arbor spinning combo, and, Cajun Red on my musky combo. Haven't tried Fireline.

I was an old school monofilament guy as well, until this year...have really been impressed with Power Pro on my Arbor spinning combo, and, Cajun Red on my musky combo. Haven't tried Fireline.

Power Pro line is good, i have it on my reel now...BUT i love the fire line. Its a nice light line....

Guest LivingLegend

Although I am a die hard fan of plain ole mono CTC has the above mentioned line on sale for 40% off or 14.99 a box I am going too try this braid thing again!! Gonefishing.gif

What store??

This will be my last go at this braid thing a lot of my buddies think I`am a little thick in the head for not liking braid, I won`t argue the thick part.

I think the last problem I had with braid may have been more of a spooling and or set-up problem, we`ll see! :Gonefishing:

This will be my last go at this braid thing a lot of my buddies think I`am a little thick in the head for not liking braid, I won`t argue the thick part.

I think the last problem I had with braid may have been more of a spooling and or set-up problem, we`ll see! :Gonefishing:

The only complaint I had with braid so far is, when Spincast, Vinnimon and I went out on Lake O...I spooled up my Shimano Corsair with 30 lb braid, the stuff was like a spiny flea magnet!!

Make sure you put tape on the spool before the braid goes on or else you might encounter slipping issues.

Make sure you put tape on the spool before the braid goes on or else you might encounter slipping issues.

i just use a couple feet of mono as a backing so it doesnt slip. No problems for me.

One of my buddies had braid spooled on his reel by BPS and they didnt use a backing, and he had problems with slipping

Guest LivingLegend

spend the extra 5 and get a spool of powerpro or spider wire. you will regret buying fireline it breaks randomly. I use to be a true believer in Fireline

Im gonna try spider wire next round. I still like FireLine but change is sometimes good............unsure.gif

spend the extra 5 and get a spool of powerpro or spider wire. you will regret buying fireline it breaks randomly. I use to be a true believer in Fireline

x2!!!!

Spider wire is 100x better then fireline.

The only thing I don't use Fireline on is my muskie gear. If I'm running braid on a spinning reel it's Fireline Crystal.. Never has an issue with it randomly breaking.. I even spooled my Frogwater centerpin with Fireline!! Gotta love those 200yrd instant hooksets!!!

All we used down in Florida for shorefishing was 6lb Fireline as well, only thing that ever broke it off was a mackerels teeth :) I don't plan on changing anytime soon.

Okay I spooled a couple of baitcasters and spinning reels with the braid and I still find the braid does not come off the baitcasters nice and smooth like mono does seems to be more prone to the odd bird`s nest.

On the spinning reels I used one for a surface lure and tried a walk the dog and jerk and pause retrieve and the line would not spool on the spool it would spool on the bottom of the spool and not where the line was supposed to go, when I used a steady retrieve this would not happen.

The positives were the feel It felt like I could feel every blade of grass my spinnerbait touched and when the pike were hitting the spinnerbaits you could feel really feel the strike,the little snot rockets I was catching felt like ten pounders!LOL

So the jury is still out on this braid thing!

I've fished all three lines that are being mentioned here. Here's how they should be ranked:

(1) Power Pro - The best, period.

(2) Spiderwire - A decent choice if for some reason you can't find PP.

(3) Fireline - Just not as good as either of the aforementioned.

Buy some power pro, but thanks for letting us know about the sale - braid fisherman pay a lot more for their line (depending how often you re-spool) and any sale is appreciated.

Cheers,

Ryan

Guest LivingLegend

I've fished all three lines that are being mentioned here. Here's how they should be ranked:

(1) Power Pro - The best, period.

(2) Spiderwire - A decent choice if for some reason you can't find PP.

(3) Fireline - Just not as good as either of the aforementioned.

Buy some power pro, but thanks for letting us know about the sale - braid fisherman pay a lot more for their line (depending how often you re-spool) and any sale is appreciated.

Cheers,

Ryan

Is power pro braid or mono, never bought it before............PEACE!biggrin.gif

Is power pro braid or mono, never bought it before............PEACE!biggrin.gif

Power Pro is Braid. I fish the green stuff, but apparently the red stuff is less visible - I'm not sure I buy it as Power Pro loses its dye in next to no time - don't be alarmed by this if you ever buy it - it's just dye.

Power Pro is Braid. I fish the green stuff, but apparently the red stuff is less visible - I'm not sure I buy it as Power Pro loses its dye in next to no time - don't be alarmed by this if you ever buy it - it's just dye.

I spooled my bait caster for the first time with 10# power pro and I still haven't gotten all the green stuff off my finger yet.

I also traded a rod for a couple spools of spider wire. 10# & 25# Not sure if this stuff bleeds as much? Haven't touched it yet.

Bump up to a heavier braid on your baitcaster.

If you're new to braid thicker line will be easier for you to cast.

Yes, it may be overrated for your rod, but you shouldn't have any problems if you know how to handle your equipment.

I use 60lb power pro on a med/hvy baitcaster rated for 12-25lb's and have had zero issues.

(Side note, but I like power pro the best as well)

I have never had Fireline break on me, randomly or otherwise and I have four reels spooled up with it. You might be confusing Fireline with Legend boats.

(okay, that was strictly for comedic value so don't panic)

I just bought two spools from CT on sale. I am just pissed that I missed out on the Eagle colour C350 FF that they had on for less than 1/2 price (each store had one or so).

Jim