Shed Pic's ~ Before And After

solopaddler

When we first moved into the house last month the shed in the backyard was a huge unfinished eyesore.

It's big,(16'X8') and looms over the backyard.

As I mentioned last week I had just finished the soffit and fascia on the shed in my backyard.

Last weekend I put new siding on then stained it on Monday and Tuesday.

Well this morning I just put new hardware on the newly sanded and painted doors (there's a door on each end of the shed) and I'm done for the moment.

I have two windows that I'll install next month when I have more time, but for now it's a world of difference (although Joanne said last night that she doesn't like the stain, "It's too orange" apparantly).

Sometimes you just can't win. :lol:

Before:

NewHouse005.jpg

After:

shed.jpg

great work. soffit turned out awesome!

From a distance yeah. Up close it's not perfect.

I'm sure Mike Holmes would raze the entire thing to the ground LOL!

I was expecting to see antler carvings. :dunno:

Nice job on the shed .Want to rent it out? :clapping:

Antlers are on the way.

By the time I'm done with it I probably could rent it out.

I have big plans for the inside...fridge, stereo system, some suitable furniture, etc, etc.

It's gonna be my outside man cave. :)

The stain will fade in two months and look quite good.

That's what I thought, I'll let Joanne know tonight. :)

All it needs is a big stove pipe out the roof and you got a walk in smoker!!

It's a walk in smoker already when I sneak in there every morning to have a butt with my coffee.

:D

looks great, she shouldn't complain too much, you could've just left it ugly... :whistling:

Brownie points are hard to come by in this house. :(

Looks like a great place to store old broken Yamaha outboards for parts. :whistling:

:lol:

It is a bit orangey but once you add windows it'll make a big difference. If you don't do anything at all it's still light years better than it was and I'm sure your neighbours would agree!

Depending on what you have planned for the windows, stacks of planters on the long wall could create a vertical garden or you could consider a garden wall.

Whatever you decide, you've added value to your property by refurbing the shed! Nice job!

1-9-vertical-garden-2_rect540.jpg

It is a bit orangey but once you add windows it'll make a big difference. If you don't do anything at all it's still light years better than it was and I'm sure your neighbours would agree!

Depending on what you have planned for the windows, stacks of planters on the long wall could create a vertical garden or you could consider a garden wall.

Whatever you decide, you've added value to your property by refurbing the shed! Nice job!

1-9-vertical-garden-2_rect540.jpg

That looks gorgeous, what a great idea!

That looks gorgeous, what a great idea!

Where do I send the bill for consultation?

I've been thinking about doing the same along the two fences surrounding our deck. One of which is a low chain link fence with 3' ceders on the other side. I think the vertical panels would look good but erecting them might take a little thought. Probably a project for next year when I have more time to put it off again ;)

Now I know why your boat is not ready yet :wallbash: and I bet your wife did not need them done as fast as you needed the boat ready :whistling:

Okay, okay, I get the message! You don't have to be so harsh!

It's worth the wait, it will be exactly what I want and look like it rolled out of the factory that way... for when I'm retired.

I was thinking of going out Saturday in it but it seems a soccer schedule is getting in the way.

what the hell..... you just added more grass and and added 1 by 2 the sides. Then you photoshop the picture to make the grass greener and the shed more orangy.

just kidding lol.

good stuff.