there's a new dog in town

Jer

After less than a month of being dogless, Sandra and I made the plunge on Saturday and picked up our new pup.

Mom was a Golden Retriever, Dad was a Chocolate Labrador. She's 10 weeks old and just the sweetest puppy I've ever seen. Training has been going well, she's more than eager to please.

It won't be long til she's a faithful fishing partner.

Here are a few pics:

sandra_s_pics_128.jpg

sandra_s_pics_135.jpg

sandra_s_pics_138.jpg

sandra_s_pics_144.jpg

sandra_s_pics_150.jpg

sandra_s_pics_153.jpg

...here we go again...

awwww man... now you are making me want to get another!!!.... please post about about all the chewed shoes, poop and pee in the house, running crazy threw the house for no reason to remind me why I dont want another pup! Please for the love of god do it!!!!...

G

awwww man... now you are making me want to get another!!!.... please post about about all the chewed shoes, poop and pee in the house, running crazy threw the house for no reason to remind me why I dont want another pup! Please for the love of god do it!!!!...

G

Sorry Gerritt, so far Moosy only chews her toys, has already learned that pooping and peeing is an outside activity (with only a couple "accidents"), is fairly mellow in the house and is an all round great pup. She's laying at my feet chewing her monkey as I type. She even sleeps happily in her crate until at least 7 or 8 am. We've both been off work this week so that has helped. We'll see when we go back to work and she has to spend more time alone in the crate.

The cats are a little put out, but they'll get over it.

I'm loving having the pup. Our last dog, Bear, came to us at 9 months of age, well beyond his "cute puppy" phase, so this is all new to us.

She's just too darn cute...it should be illegal.

Teasing our two cats has become great fun:

2010_0724pictures0008.JPG

2010_0724pictures0011.JPG

A relaxing kayak ride:

2010_0724pictures0003.JPG

Swimming has been coming along:

2010_0724pictures0014.JPG

"OK, I'm done, let me out":

2010_0724pictures0015.JPG

She came out fishing with me last night for a bit as well. Perfectly happy to just curl up and got to sleep.