The Kawartha Grand Slam!

ccmtcanada

I had a chance to finally fish with Fishnsled this year. With busy weekends, and his boat in the shop recently, I couldn't wait to get back out there with him. It's always a great day!

There wasn't a lot of fish caught yesterday, but the boat did manage to complete the Kawartha Grand Slam! That is Walleye, Muskie, Largemouth (no, not Fishnsled) and Smallmouth Bass...and a little something I've never seen caught in this particular way before....

I met up with Fishnsled at an early hour...opened my eyes on the way to the lake to see this....

01earlystart.jpg

After launching and booting across the lake to find a sheltered area (winds were a bit high first thing in the morning), Fishnsled came up with the first fish of the grand slam...this little largie.

02willbass.jpg

Fishsled's buddy caught a few WGSF in between...and then came this nice walleye...

03willwalleye.jpg

After releasing that walleye Fishsled keeps on casting and says "Got another nice fish!" This time it was a muskie that attacked a small lure he was using to catch a smallie. No time for a picture of this one...released quickly boatside.

Just before were were going to call it a day, I'm throwing jointed rapala and I feel a heavy hit. Wouldn't you know it, the 4th fish of the grand slam was boated.

04cliffsmallie.jpg

The release....

05smallierelease.jpg

Pete wasn't about to give up...he worked hard all day long to catch something other than panfish and his wish came true. Throwing a spinnerbait, he picked up this beauty clam!!!

06peteclam.jpg

I have seen them caught jigging before, but never thought a clam would be so aggressive to attack a passing bait!!! laugh.gifw00t.gif

Thanks Will...and nice to meet you Pete...had a great time on the water with you two.

Until next time....

Sorry about the picture quality...I forgot the camera in the car and had to use my blackberry....

Edited by ccmt

Nicely done...a group of us have a "corn roast" coming up where the goal is to catch one of each species per team member. Harder than it sounds in an eight hour period.

Shhh... LOL!

Nice report Cliff!

Thanks for the report Cliff, great day as always even if the bite was on the slow side. Been a while since I've had the "grand slam" in my boat. Here's a pic of your smallie that I took with my camera, will email you the better rez. Peter, I'll try to get you onto a something a bit bigger the next time out.

IMG_6708trim_1_1_1.jpg

It's been a long time seeing a Cliff report and appreciate you taking the time to share with us :thumbsup_anim:

Sounds like you guys had a great time and like twilight said... you seemed to have lost quite a bit of weight or is it because that smallie being a football size B)

Great job you guys and thanks for sharing

Leechman

That's a great smallie Cliff! I got the grand slam on that same lake earlier this year myself (although bass were not yet in season, they just liked my muskie lures) When I fish there with my bud Patrick, we always set that as a goal there... it can be done! There is actually a grand slam with a bonus species that can be had... know what I am talking about? (no, not carp silly!!!!)

Edited by Fisherpete

That's a great smallie Cliff! I got the grand slam on that same lake earlier this year myself (although bass were not yet in season, they just liked my muskie lures) When I fish there with my bud Patrick, we always set that as a goal there... it can be done! There is actually a grand slam with a bonus species that can be had... know what I am talking about? (no, not carp silly!!!!)

I think I know what you mean...but saying the species would sorta give the lake away whistling.gifwink.gif

Nice Cliff....and great to see a report from you.

But....you have lost a few pounds eh!!! Looks like you have a body of an 18 year old. :blush:

It's been a long time seeing a Cliff report and appreciate you taking the time to share with us :thumbsup_anim:

Sounds like you guys had a great time and like twilight said... you seemed to have lost quite a bit of weight or is it because that smallie being a football size B)

Great job you guys and thanks for sharing

Leechman

Thanks you two...

And I have lost a little weight...not a lot...maybe 15 pounds in the past 18 months or so.

Thanks for the report Cliff, great day as always even if the bite was on the slow side. Been a while since I've had the "grand slam" in my boat. Here's a pic of your smallie that I took with my camera, will email you the better rez. Peter, I'll try to get you onto a something a bit bigger the next time out.

IMG_6708trim_1_1_1.jpg

Got the pics Will! Thanks! Cant wait to get back out there with you again. Always a great time.