Weird phobias and kids

So my little girl is now three and has discovered Disney movies....and as tough as she is, she's got a little bit of her mother's courage in here lol.

Anyway, Izzy loves Toy Story so we went out and slowly got her a few Woodie, Buzz Lightyear and Jessie toys....we quickly found out that she's absolutely terrified of and Jessie toy......she's also terrified of any Mr. Potatohead. So now i'm second guessing every time I want to buy her a toy lol. Maybe it'll save me some money!

That got me thinking though...does anybody's children scared of anything strange?

The only thing I can remember being scared of was the dark...but then again, after seeing TJ with his shirt off I can see why I was scared of the dark lol! :whistling:

So my little girl is now three and has discovered Disney movies....and as tough as she is, she's got a little bit of her mother's courage in here lol.

Anyway, Izzy loves Toy Story so we went out and slowly got her a few Woodie, Buzz Lightyear and Jessie toys....we quickly found out that she's absolutely terrified of and Jessie toy......she's also terrified of any Mr. Potatohead. So now i'm second guessing every time I want to buy her a toy lol. Maybe it'll save me some money!

That got me thinking though...does anybody's children scared of anything strange?

The only thing I can remember being scared of was the dark...but then again, after seeing TJ with his shirt off I can see why I was scared of the dark lol! :whistling:

Some of us have seen TJ in the light. What has been seen cannot be unseen. :wallbash:

My little guy is only 18 months, haven't notice anything yet but I'm sure there will be a few along the way. :dunno:

my little cousin is absolutely terrified of bee's. its gotten to the point where if he's at school and he goes out for recess and see's one, he'll run inside crying and wont come out for the rest of the day. im hoping he'll grow out of it, but right now im kinda worried about it. his parents don't seem to be but it just seems extremely odd to me.

I watched this wee fellow down at Bayfront last week. He was absolutely terrified by the geese. There are hundreds there. The boy's family dumped the child in the middle of the flock and started throwing bread all around the boy to attract the geese even closer. The more the child screamed, the more the adults taunted and insulted him, and the more bread they threw at him.

When my daughter was about 3 years old, she loved the Barney dinosaur, until I bought her a Barney pillow and she fell asleep and I put her drink container in his mouth for safe keeping thinking she would find it when she woke up. The next morning she woke me screaming Barney was eating her "cup". After that, she was terrified of anything to do with Barney.

bigugli I don't know how you refrained from going over there and umm...telling them off (being nice although I would have wanted to do more). Thats not right. Poor kid.

One handicapped individual confronting 8 or so ethnic adults has too much potential for a nasty outcome. The bycycle cops rode by without any concern.

As a kid I had a bad phobia of snapping turtles. My bro and I would be in the water all the time when we were young at the cottage. Since our cottage has no other people on the lake, the wildlife is pretty curious of humans (especially 50 year old snappers that are the dominate consumer in the lake), so the snappers would often come pretty close and investigate the commosion. To add to the problem, our dock is built on a crib that is like a 5-star beach resort, for a snapping turtle. One particular turtle was HUGE, had to be ~ a meter long without extending its neck, we called him "Grampa Turtle" :D.

my little cousin is absolutely terrified of bee's. its gotten to the point where if he's at school and he goes out for recess and see's one, he'll run inside crying and wont come out for the rest of the day. im hoping he'll grow out of it, but right now im kinda worried about it. his parents don't seem to be but it just seems extremely odd to me.

sounds like me with spiders...lol...8 hairy legs and no expression (excuse me ...im outta here just thinking about them...lol...)

My daughter (9 now) is still afraid of sand! Yes Sand. She even so much as steps on sand the gets freaked out and throws up on the spot..We found this out when she was 2. Still the same. wired yes but perfectly normal yes aswell..We asked the family doctor about it and he says its actually normal for humans to have transition issues. So needless to say beaches are out for us.

Bought my nephew a dancing gorilla when he was about 6yrs old. He took one look and ran to his room!! Wouldn't come out till I took it back out to the car... :lol: .LOL. He grew up just fine :thumbsup_anim:

You exposed him to the dreaded "Macarena Monkey"!!! It's no wonder he ran to his room :lol:

Bought my nephew a dancing gorilla when he was about 6yrs old. He took one look and ran to his room!! Wouldn't come out till I took it back out to the car... :lol: .LOL. He grew up just fine :thumbsup_anim:

He will probably grow up to be a disgruntled postal worker...... :whistling::rofl2:

My Daughters three also and had been asking for Bullseye Buckaroo. She got Jesse instead and hasn't put her down since. Jesse replaced Tessie which was her little bear that she sleeps with. She is afaird of the beast from beuaty and the beast. I have read her the book more times then I can remember and when ever we are on a page with the beast she hides her face.

I watched this wee fellow down at Bayfront last week. He was absolutely terrified by the geese. There are hundreds there. The boy's family dumped the child in the middle of the flock and started throwing bread all around the boy to attract the geese even closer. The more the child screamed, the more the adults taunted and insulted him, and the more bread they threw at him.

Kind of makes you want find out if they're alergic to breathing under water. :wallbash: