Dr. Sal's Backcountry Bass Opener

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Having missed the opener of bass due to work obligations, this weekend I was chomping at the bit to do some bassing. By 8 am Saturday morning I was unloading the canoe and gear on the side of the small trail... after a short 15 minute carry we were on the lake.

Fishing in the morning started off very slow but as the day progressed it just got better and better. During the course of the day we caught about 50 SMB with a few pike mixed in for good measure. Great day in the canoe and a great opener to the bass season. The nicest 20 fish ranged were all over 3 lbs with a few nicer ones, with most averaging between 1.5-2 lbs. Looking forward to 'eyes and atlantics in the coming weeks.

Here's a few pics we took!

017.jpg

021.jpg

027-1.jpg

031.jpg

029.jpg

025.jpg

023.jpg

030.jpg

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Good job Luc, looks like you guys got into them. Were the flies hatching?

Boat #2 looks pretty rough there, winger never fails to hold down the front of a boat.

Around 9pm the lake was coated in hex's. Given the layer of carcasses on the shorelines here I think I missed the big hatch last week.

Boat #2 was very rough. They showed up to the camp sans any food and several hours late due to Winger having to watch the soccer game. Thankfully Jake and I had enough ravioli to cook up because the two of them would have starved otherwise.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Great report did you measure any of them a couple look long & fat

Richard

none of the fish were weighed or measured... there was so many of the dang things coming in the boat that we couldn't bother! working on putting together some video footage of the day!