Happy Independance Day

motv8tr

LOL Terry, we do have alien problems. A bonfire last night with my son and his friends and watched the neighbors fireworks. the ones that don`t fish. Smart people spend their money on fishing tackle!

Had a neighbor that used to drop 10k a year on a fireworks display, then the township told him he would have to get insurance and cops to direct traffic. Dude put on a better show than some of the towns in the area, and we could watch it around the bonfire in the back yard!

We got a nice family and friends BBQ planned and for dessert a few bang and whistle fireworks.

Thanks again for the well wishes without the support of our neighbors I am sure that the USA would be not quite as great a place to live.

Art

the fourth of july is the one day I fly the stars and stripes on my point.

The flag was given to me by my old hunting partner over 20 years ago and I gave him one of our flags, he used to fly it on Victoria Day because he loved Canada.

He was my best man at my wedding and taught me how to duck hunt and shoot better.

He's been gone now for many years and this is the way I honour him. (and I got american cousins too)

Happy Independence Day to all our US friends

A fun day was had by all we had around 15 people arrive and Joe put out the feed bag with some excellent Mexican based food. Then it was on to the assorted homemade cakes, pies and ice cream for dessert. As darkness fell it was off to the hill were our local pyrotechnics were launched into the air with booms and bangs with a few oooohs and ahhhs as were celebrated our Independence and Freedoms we so cherish and enjoy. Thanks to all who stand by the United States and lend their might and wisdom as we all try to spread the words of freedom to those oppressed.

Art

We have a family GTG at a cabin up in the woods yesterday with about 50 +/- people there. Covered dish and man-o-day did we (I) eat. Temps yesterday were in the low 90's and not much of a breeze. Fortunately, the area is in a wooded area, so that helped keep the direct sun off us. Back home in the late afternoon and joined the pups in the air conditioning - we didn't take them due to the heat.

Gonna be a scorcher here this week - with temps in the 90's and no rain in sight until near the week-end.