Lesnar vs. Carwin

ehg

Nice to see Lesner weather the storm... given the size of his biceps I am surprised he did not tap sooner.

I had my money on Lesner and he came through... It was a quick fight.

I finally found a working feed... seems they are cracking down on them.. (as they should I suppose)

anyways I hope everyone enjoyed tonight's card.

G

Any other fight would have been called, Lesnar basically lied there half the round being pounded..

Carwin needs to do a bit more cardio the next time around and pick his shots. If he did both, it would have turned out differently.

if Lesnar ever learns not to turtle when being hit..cause he can sure take a punch

and just take the hit and counter he would be unstoppable .......maybe he already is

I'd like to see him and Fedor.

I'd like to see him and Fedor.

Lesner isnt even in the same realm as Fedor....Fedor would impose his will on Lesner and make him cry like a school girl that just discovered she has a monthly friend....

Yeah im a bit miffed that Lesner won ....but im glad Carwin messed the big luggs face up anyways...just wish he hadnt run out of gas....

Lesner is too big for his britches ....

what the hell just happened??????? How did Lesnar survive that onslaught??

Thought for sure Carwin was going to win after that first round barrage. Incredible that Lesnar survived and won. WOW!

Started watching when Stephen Bonnar won a great fight. The fights were all good after that. :thumbsup_anim:

lesnar is a freak of nature. its understandable why people dont like him but cmon, you gotta respect what hes been able to do. for a man his size, the speed that he moves with is incredible. carwin has punching power, but as seen last night, he doesnt have what it takes to deal with someone with a chin solid enough to absorb it. *I* wouldnt be that impressed with title defense fights that last less than 2 minutes. you gotta be more rounded to continue to win fights. lesnar DESERVED that win... better all around.

Lesner isnt even in the same realm as Fedor....Fedor would impose his will on Lesner and make him cry like a school girl that just discovered she has a monthly friend....

Yeah im a bit miffed that Lesner won ....but im glad Carwin messed the big luggs face up anyways...just wish he hadnt run out of gas....

Lesner is too big for his britches ....

Did you watch the post match interviews/press conference? Carwin was taken to hospital after fighting Brock.. Speaks volumes on the power Brock possesses. He was very casual, articulate and coy when being interviewed.

Brock deserved the win, after sustaining the first round onslaught that Carwin imposed on him.

G

Fight should have been called. They called one earlier in the card that wasn't even as bad as that.... Carwin got robbed. When Brock got up, I knew it was over. Carwin was gassed and Lesnar looked normal.

No way, calling that fight would have sucked. After all those blows Lesnar was relatively unscathed.. I wanted Carwin to win also, but do it fair and sqaure..

Carwin gassed and couldn't take advantage of the situation.

[media][/media] http://veetle.com/in...w#4bf81bc3b2ad2

ufc 116 is being replayed right now on veetle..if you missed it

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://veetle.com/widget/script.js"></script><div veetleChannelId="CD1C693F4F71EAFE358F86DB4205956C" autoPlay="false" style="width: 480px; height: 352px" aspectRatio="default"></div>

Edited by Terry

I wondered afterward if Brock hadnt been Dana Whites poster boy if the fight would have been stopped.

Seen many UFC fights were if the guy on the bottom doesnt try to throw back it is called.

Give Lesner credit for hanging in there!

All in all Lesner is still only one well timed knee when he shoots from being out cold, can only play the same game so long before your caught.

It did not deserve to be stopped. Everytime the ref asked Brock to defend himself he did and he moved as well. Great non-stopage.

Carwin put all his eggs in one basket and couldn't finish the job. I like Carwin and he had a great takedown defense in the 1st round but now he needs to go back and work on the cardio. Lesnar looked sharp in the 2nd and dominated. He passed guard so quickly for a big guy and I have probably never seen anyone ever leave a full mount on purpose. Turns out it was the right move. Slick indeed.

Josh Rosenthal reffed that fight and did a great job! Earlier in the thread someone said, I'm glad I didnt pay for that... that was on of the best UFC PPV's in a long time, every fight was a great fight, well worth the price if you're an MMA fan, well worth it.

P.S. As much as I hate the dude, Lesnar would destroy Fedor IMO.