Best game of Footbol as of yet

bongo

Who underestimated the Netherlands? I had a feeling from the start of the games that Netherlands would go far, and look at them now, defeating Brazil in just an amazing battle of soccer playing. There was no controversy here, so no one can say but..........

By the looks of it Netherlands is going to be in the finals with either Argentina which I love as well, or Germany

Go Netherlands, it's their time :clapping::thumbsup_anim:

Ghana and Uraguay are playing a very fast paced game.Awesome to watch.Hope Gauna wins this one.

They do play a fast game Brian, but for some reason Forlan or Suarez from Uruguay always score with the magic touch, anyway it's going to be pretty hard for them to beat a team that devastated Brazil.

Tomorrow's Argentina vs. Germany game is going to be a total WAR

Oh my god, I am happy for the Netherlands!

Woke up this morning and showered and put on an orange tshirt similar in colour to their team jersey and was thinking they lost it after the first 10 minutes when they almost were down 2-0.

I even went to work in the bright orange t-shirt after they won ;)

Was rooting for them since the beginning of the this year's cup! I really hope they get their first world cup champions!

Ghana deserved that win more than Uruguay though. It was just too bad that they didn't capitalize on the last penalty kick..Oh well, they were going to lose to Netherlands anyways.

Dude I don't think you realize they beat the best ranked team (Brazil) in the world right now??? I like Argentina too, but I don't think they can beat the Netherlands buddy pal. The Netherlands have a tight game, they broke Brazil's game because they played rough like Brazil plays rough when they get angry, it was beautiful.

GO DUTCH :clapping:

and the thing is, The Dutch have still NOT played their best game yet, they seem to be playing just hard enough to win the game, did it in the group stage and the 1st playoff game vs Slovakia. ( 2 goals allowed in their 1st 4 games and both were off of PK's) Brazil fell apart after Holland took the lead, they have no idea how to play when they are behind (because it doesn't happen very often) Their arrogance is what did them in today.... the free kick where the goalie decided he didn't need a wall, (that's the goalies call) was a rallying point for the Dutch who looked like a different team after that.

How good is Brazil? 53W 0L 2D when leading at the half in the world cup (now 1L!!)When they score the 1st goal, 50W 3L 6D (now 4L)

It seems that the Dutch have their number in the world cup playoffs 2W 1L vs Brazil (yes only the 3rd time they've met) 1974 2-1 Holland win, 1998 Loss in penalty kicks and a 2-1 win today!

Holland still has to get past Uraguay (Ghana totally blew it with the missed PK at the end of extra time) who are by no means a pushover to get to the final but they seem to have a much easier road ahead compared to the other side of the bracket, Spain, Argentina, and Germany are 3 POWERHOUSE teams and only one is guaranteed to get through to the semis.

It will be really interesting to see who makes it through tomorrow!

Holland the underdogs? I think of all the teams, you have to really praise the Germans. They were in a rebuilding phase and have come through with some really fantastic games. (the England game was by far the best).

They have their work cut out for them tomorrow against Argentina, but if they play solid like they did against England, I think we will see another upset.

Rob C

Guest Johnny Bass

How disappointing that Ghana is out. They deserved to win and it would have been a great game to watch two offensive teams like Netherlands and Ghana go at it. If Uruguay plays defence there is a chance for an upset. They have to tire the Netherlanders out. The dutch are going to come out swinging.

I'm thinking the world cup winner will be the winner of tomorrow's match. Germany or Argentina. Spain is looking good too, but they always choke in the world cup.

But in the end, its anyones's game. Anyone can have a bad game or good game.All you need is to fluke off a win. Its not like the NHL, best of 7.

Rob, but you have to admit the game was going to be completely different had the England goal counted before the half!

As someone watching, I feel that morale was taken down a notch since they had to play into the second half down a goal. Who knows, maybe they would have won either way, but I still blame it on that very bad call :P

Was England playing well at all this year during the world cup? No. But hell, I thought they would have made it to the quarterfinals, only to be beaten to death by Argentina.

Guest Johnny Bass

Rob, but you have to admit the game was going to be completely different had the England goal counted before the half!

No doubt.

How disappointing that Ghana is out. They deserved to win and it would have been a great game to watch two offensive teams like Netherlands and Ghana go at it. If Uruguay plays defence there is a chance for an upset. They have to tire the Netherlanders out. The dutch are going to come out swinging.

I'm thinking the world cup winner will be the winner of tomorrow's match. Germany or Argentina. Spain is looking good too, but they always choke in the world cup.

But in the end, its anyones's game. Anyone can have a bad game or good game.All you need is to fluke off a win. Its not like the NHL, best of 7.

Hey Johnny, one of those guys from the Ghana team paid tribute to Italy for ya. The ol'e Roberto Baggio way over the net, lol

Don't matter though, Holland will defeat anyone that is in their way, I understand you just don't like Holland that's alright, but like I said and others have said they already won the world cup defeating Brazil

Oh my god, Argentina was a joke today, Germany took them to the circus wow Wow Wow. 4 - 0

Looks like Netherlands vs. Germany in the finals unless Spain can slow down Germany's game. Come to think of it Spain was ranked #2 I believe, should be a good game as well.

This has to be the best world cup in like 20 years. I'm glad teams like Brazil, Portugal, Italy, France and England were booted out quickly, it's much more exciting this way.

My god if its going to be Netherlands vs. Germany, just gonna be an outright offensive game, an exciting game, just the way the game should be played :thumbsup_anim::clapping:

Edited by bongo

missed most of the 1st half but Germany seemed to have about 80% possesion in the second half. they showed a shot of Maradona crying and wiping a tear from his eye about halfway into the second half Maradona Crying I guess he doesn't need to worry about his bet that he made at the start of the World Cup where he said he would run naked throught the streets of Buenos Aries if they won the Cup!

jjcanoe

That deliberate hand ball to stop the ball from going in,should of been awarded an automatic goal to Ghana.Truley a Bull ending.It was like watching your favorite hockey team losing to a kicked in puck,in the 5 overtime period of the 7th game.

As for the German team.Theres your 2010 champs. :thumbsup_anim: