Big Jim McLaughlin

Roy

I spoke to Marc Thorpe this morning when he proceeded to tell me about the pinnacle of his fishing

years. He'd just gotten off the water from filming, this morning and yesterday, with none other than Big Jim McLaughlin. Everyone knows that Big Jim is a mainstay in Canadian fishing and has been for many years. So when Marc got the chance to fish with his hero, he was just overwhelmed. I understand that, especially because for all the years that I've known Marc he's always told me just what kind of a selfless man Big Jim is.

The show they filmed was an episode of OFAH's The Angler & Hunter with host and executive producer Cam Brownson. I don't have all the nitty gritty on the episode itself aside that they fished for 8 hours and were able to land 5 muskies. The episode will air sometime in November and I'm really, really looking forward to seeing that one especially.

Thorpe is no slouch when it comes to fishing so when he tells me how elated he is over this I can only understand why so many people like Big Jim. I have asked for permission to post a couple of pictures from yesterday.

Thanks for reading folks and watch the show, I know I will.

Big Jim with Cam Brownson

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

Be well....

Great to see BIG JIM out on the water fishing. Met him a couple times when we were fishing the Rideau system. A few years back, big Jim invited my Dad and step-mother out for a day of bass fishing. What a great day it was. Won't find many poeple with a heart as big as Jim's.

Tks Roy,Mon Chum

I have had the honor of fishing with Big Jim prior but all trolling/never filming.

This time we casted and he and I took part in tagging and DNA collection in collaboration with QMNR/OMNR AND University of Syracus (DR John Ferrel)

Neat thing is allot of info about the fish and what are MNR's are doing by being involved will be highlighted.

Most of all,it was a wonderful moment to capture Big Jim and Cam and I,

The man is Larger than life.

Undeniably the most generous and kind hearted person in fishing

A memory to last a lifetime with the man that has impact most of us if not the most in the fishing industry

I experience wonderful things and people in life

This one meant allot to me

(Merci Mon Chum)

the greatest advice for all

Dont take life for granted

Big Jim,you never cease to amaze me

Show should air this winter

Like the large himself says often" Vient icit mon Chum"

and they did

The Big man shined like no other

Edited by marc thorpe

Big Jim is a great guy. I talk to him every now and then. Not sure if he remembers my name but he knows me for my truck and store. I offered to take Jim out for a quiet day of fishing a couple of years ago when he wasn't doing so well. He wasn't able to take me up on the offer, but I'm still hoping. It's great to see him doing better for sure. Hopefully I'll be able to catch the episode? My outdoors program watching has been almost nill for the past year. I catch Cam's show whenever I can.

Nice!!! I can't wait for that episode to air. Marc, we are going to start calling you the 'Fish Whisperer'!!!

Big Jim is a great guy and I'm happy to see that he is doing well.]

Enjoy your life, it's no dress rehearsal.

Awesome stuff Marc! Congrats on a great film shoot with Cam and Big Jim. You must be thrilled for sure, Big Jim is a super guy. Cam is also a great guy. You will have to let us know when and where we can watch this show.

Good fishing!

Aaron

Roy,

I just had to come back and read this again...actually it was the pics of the Big Unit hiself and Mar-co together I wanted to see.

Thanks for posting that Bud and please pass my thanks to Mr.Thorpe for allowing those precious shots on-line prior to the show, I realize the personal significance of those to Marc.

Once more Roy, My thanks.

Take care Bud!

Guest Johnny Bass

Sounds like a fishing show to watch for sure. I am starting to watch fishing shows again and have my PVR set to tape all the fishing shows!