Quick Report

TDunn

Well, we decided to get back out on the river this evening in search of some atlantics.

On the water by 6:30 and on the first pass the rigger right in front of me doubles over. I set the hook and hand it off to Mike at the front of the boat. 10 minutes later he lands this beauty.

001.jpg

003.jpg

We reset the lines but can't seem to hook up for the next half hour or so. We decide to go try a few different spots on the american side with soft jerkbaits rather than trolling. First drift we witness a fierce feeding frenzy and reposition just above for a cast. All three of us cast and I am lucky enough to hook up with another good fish.

006.jpg

007.jpg

A drift or two later, I get a follow and then quickly pitch the plastic out again and hook up with another chromer.

009.jpg

The next several drifts results in no fish but we do get a few follows and hits keeping us on our toes. Soon enough, Ted hooks up with what is the biggest fish of the evening coming in at just under 31 inches.

013.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

We had planned on staying for walleye but we had to pull the pin due to being low on fuel. Ah well, back at it in a day or two!

All fish released.

I hope you enjoyed!

TDunn

Edited by TDunn

Guest Johnny Bass

Very impressive fishery you have there! And to catch fish like that casting in the summer is a double bonus! Thanks for sharing!

Man I wish that it wasn't so darn far away awesome report :thumbsup_anim:

Im heading up there tomorrow morning bright and early Shawn, first time up that way....four days of fishing the river...and some back lake brookies! :Gonefishing:

Just had to check in here to see if you had posted another report TDunn, good to see there still hitting!

Cant wait till tomorrow!

Brettiop - keep an eye out for me. I should be out weds or thurs. Good luck with your trip man, I hope you guys hook into a few!

Urban Fisherman - Ryan you know your welcome anytime!

Thanks to all the rest of the replies!

TDunn

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

right on man.

i've been working on manitoulin island for a week and dying to get back on the river. i'll be back in town tomorrow and after a few days up north bass fishing, i'll be hitting the river hard for salmo. send me a msg if you're ever looking for a dance partner.

very nice fishing up your way right now, congrats!

That male sure looks like a Brown except the dots are mostly on the dorsal side of the lateral line.

how long do they stay near the river now? They don't run until September, no?

very nice fishing up your way right now, congrats!

That male sure looks like a Brown except the dots are mostly on the dorsal side of the lateral line.

how long do they stay near the river now? They don't run until September, no?

The best bite lasts until the chinooks show up in august but they are present in the river year round. You can catch them right until the boat goes away.....

TDunn

Edited by TDunn

Im heading up there tomorrow morning bright and early Shawn, first time up that way....four days of fishing the river...and some back lake brookies! Gonefishing.gif

Just had to check in here to see if you had posted another report TDunn, good to see there still hitting!

Cant wait till tomorrow!

you headin to the river too eh? i'll be out there myself! tomorrow im makin a little whitefish stop then after that the boat is goin into the water. thursday is gunna be spent on the river and friday and saturday will be on a nice little speck lake wink.gif ...