We caught perch, crappie, sun fish, rock bass, blue gills

Big Cliff

CCMT came up for the day and we braved the rain in the morning and headed out. It was a perfect day for fishing, over cast, mixed winds, sun shine for a bit. We started fishing in abour 5 fow and worked weed edges, heavy weeds sparce weeds all the way out to about 14 fow. We tossed all kinds of things at them, spinners, drop shotting, cranks, bottom bouncing jigs, different colours (yellow seemed to be the colour of the day). We lost count of the number of fish we landed, perch for the most part but did manage 4 crappie, 3 of which weren't a bad size. We fished hard from about 11 until to about 9:30 pm with a few short breaks for lunch and supper but couldn't manage a single walleye. The streak continues LOL.

Anyway it was a wonderful day on the water with a good friend and we sure tried hard enough! Really enjoyed your company Cliff, lets do it again soon!

Edited by Big Cliff

tttt.gif

June 25, 2010

Sturgeon Lake Kawarthas

Walleye numbers down

After weeks of MNR creel inspections all reports show that no walleye have been caught on Sturgeon Lake.

The top Ten Walleye Tournament series held their Kawartha lakes tourney on sturgeon and not a single walleye was brought to the weigh-in

This is has never happened to any tournament in the world till today.

Rumor has it that Big Cliff caught all the walleye last year and there are none left as he can attest to..

MNR scientists claim by July 5, 2010 this will turn around and he will catch a walleye...we hope

a fake MNR News Release

LOL sorry

Well, I went back out again this morning, more perch, a nice small mouth and a few rock bass. Came home and decided to try a couple of casts off the dock, a 42" muskie and a LM, didn't weigh it but it was a good one. Twenty minutes later, another muskie hits, clears the water snaps my line.

Now my wife wants to know why I needed a new boat last year. :whistling:

I still think that new boat is cursed!!!

Me and my son did a troll out of veiw lake yesterday evening from 7:30 till 9. Just slow trolling worm harnesses off the deep weed edges. Trolling 1.3-1.5MPH along the drop. We put 5 keepers in the boat, and released 2 more.

S.

Me and my son did a troll out of veiw lake yesterday evening from 7:30 till 9. Just slow trolling worm harnesses off the deep weed edges. Trolling 1.3-1.5MPH along the drop. We put 5 keepers in the boat, and released 2 more.

S.

LOL, might be but the neighbour's old boat has the same curse! He usually catches plenty and he isn't doing any better than I am.

S.

To remove a curse from a boat there is a very specific procedure that must be done:

Take an older man out in the boat and place him in a booby-trapped chair. Have him fall over board and then you're golden.

tttt.gif

June 25, 2010

Sturgeon Lake Kawarthas

Walleye numbers down

After weeks of MNR creel inspections all reports show that no walleye have been caught on Sturgeon Lake.

The top Ten Walleye Tournament series held their Kawartha lakes tourney on sturgeon and not a single walleye was brought to the weigh-in

This is has never happened to any tournament in the world till today.

Rumor has it that Big Cliff caught all the walleye last year and there are none left as he can attest to..

MNR scientists claim by July 5, 2010 this will turn around and he will catch a walleye...we hope

a fake MNR News Release

LOL sorry

Holy crap, I just LMAO Terry!!!

Cliff, man, I'm feeling for you, keep doing what your doing. You will get a walleye, probably break the slump with a crazy numbers day!! Good luck, man!!!!!!!!!

I had a great day on the water Cliff! Great company, great time fishing, lots biting (especially the mosquitoes at sunset), just not the walleye. We'll have try again soon.

Thanks for a fun day.

You can't put two Cliffs in a boat for a day of fishing and not have a good day LOL.

BTY, I really liked the way you ducked and rolled when Sue yelled CLIFF!!!!!! Good thing we went in opposite directions :whistling:

Anyway my friend, the door is always open and you know the way.