Joey and Paul's Lakair Report

Joey

Great pics Joey!! As usual you were an exellent fishing partner :good: . Too bad about the tarp on the way home. Spiels tarp also got a little torn up on that trip but not as bad as yours. Oh well,we all made it home in one piece with the boats so all is good. I still can't believe they turned you and Paul around where they did. What a bummer....Oh,and whats this SpecialK thing.Me thinks I have to have a little talk with my buddy Spiel <_<

Cheers

Well, I was finally able to see the pictures Joey, I got rid of a few big programs in the puter that I didn't need and everything is good now.

Your pictures turned out excellent as always !!

Congrats to Paul on that musky, she's a beaut, except for a few battle scars :lol:

Glad you got to see them Lew, she is a beaut,in her own special way ;)

I forgot to mention another rock to watch out for. We took a piece off our skeg coming out of Muskrat. We went over it 3 times and nothing, then wham on the 4th. It is just before the cottage on the island. You can't see it in the water, but it is on the navigation map if you have one. So coming into muskrat, after Tombstone, and after the other Rock island, just before you have to go through the narrow part between the cottage on the island and the two milk bottles marking rocks on the east side. Hope that makes sense.

Just be careful, your boat probably doesn't sit as low as ours, but it took a good chunk out and darn, makes you want to cry when you hear that noise :o

Joey

Glad you got to see them Lew, she is a beaut,in her own special way ;)

I forgot to mention another rock to watch out for. We took a piece off our skeg coming out of Muskrat. We went over it 3 times and nothing, then wham on the 4th. It is just before the cottage on the island. You can't see it in the water, but it is on the navigation map if you have one. So coming into muskrat, after Tombstone, and after the other Rock island, just before you have to go through the narrow part between the cottage on the island and the two milk bottles marking rocks on the east side. Hope that makes sense.

Just be careful, your boat probably doesn't sit as low as ours, but it took a good chunk out and darn, makes you want to cry when you hear that noise :o

Joey

Thanks again Joey, I think I know where you mean....maybe :lol:

Jeeeez, it took us all these years to learn where the bad spots were up there and now we have to start learing all over again. Maybe you wanna book off sick next week and come up as my guide ?? :lol::lol:

Guest Johnny Bass

Great Report! That looks like a nice looking Musky to me. The water looks very fishable, and the area is teaming with wildlife!

:thumbsup_anim: Great report Joey and the pictures were amazing. Looks like everyone had a great time. Having been on the OFC for just under a year, this was new to me. Love to do it next year. Where exactly is it and is it held pretty much the same time every year. That moose chile sounds pretty good. Thanks again for sharing the pics.

awesome report Joey and great photography!!! Did the gang manage a fish fry on tombstone this time? Nice musky Paul!!!

No fish fry on Tombstone this year Pete, that was a great day, we will have to repeat it.

No fish fry on Tombstone this year Pete, that was a great day, we will have to repeat it.

I'm sure if we planned it for next year Kevin would have most of the shore lunch stuff ready for us to use. Perhaps do it on the Friday before the pike tourney ?? I could arrange it with Kevin.

I'm sure if we planned it for next year Kevin would have most of the shore lunch stuff ready for us to use. Perhaps do it on the Friday before the pike tourney ?? I could arrange it with Kevin.

That was a great time. Did that my first year up there. Would be great to do it again.

Sounds like a stellar plan Chris!