Footbol

kickingfrog

It doesn't matter who wins the Germany/England match, as neither team will be able to get past Argentina.

I'm 90% sure the Germans will beat the English. Germany can beat anyone in the world @ any given time, including Argentina. That Argentina backfield could crack at any given time.

People consistently under-estimate the Germans as they're not flashy. Germany is balanced. This time around they are young and Ozel is ridiculously good. The Ballack injury was an absolute blessing (and I say this as both a Chelsea and a Germany supporter). I'm not saying we're going to beat Argentina should we both get there, but the game will be extremely close and hard fought.

I'm 90% sure the Germans will beat the English. Germany can beat anyone in the world @ any given time, including Argentina. That Argentina backfield could crack at any given time.

People consistently under-estimate the Germans as they're not flashy. Germany is balanced. This time around they are young and Ozel is ridiculously good. The Ballack injury was an absolute blessing (and I say this as both a Chelsea and a Germany supporter). I'm not saying we're going to beat Argentina should we both get there, but the game will be extremely close and hard fought.

I'm not underestimating Germany, they are powerful, they run as hard as the African teams, and have amazing ball passing. But Argentina has been waiting for this moment for the past 20 + years, and that short little Messi guy, lol, has amazing aim not to mention the rest of the Argentinians.

Anyway, Germany, Argentina, Brazil, and the Netherlands are all powerful teams this year :clapping:

Guest Johnny Bass

Very nice syn. The first one has a great set and the last one has a beautiful face. Whats with all the Italian haters?? If Robben gets back to form Netherlands might have a chance.

Italt was certainly dominated by the Slovaks. Well played.

Why the italian haters? Italians play a dirty game of football. Very good at fouling the oppposition without drawing the penalties.

Then again one could write books about the Scots.

Edited by bigugli

Yeah, why all the Italy hate. You don't win 4 cups without being great at football. To the Germany supporter, no diving when the Italians beat the Germans 4 years ago. That was one of the greatest displays of European football (by both teams) that I've seen in a while. In light of that I might understand your hate. I certainly don't hate the Germans. All teams engage in diving and dirty play. If you don't think so, you're not watching closely enough or you're letting your bias get in the way. I've also noticed a lot teams whose only recourse to surviving the group stages is to play a great game of rugby. That's kind of sad too.

My favourites the rest of the way, Argentina, Netherlands. I'd like to see the Netherlands win, I've got them in my office pool.

Yeah, why all the Italy hate. You don't win 4 cups without being great at football. To the Germany supporter, no diving when the Italians beat the Germans 4 years ago. That was one of the greatest displays of European football (by both teams) that I've seen in a while. In light of that I might understand your hate. I certainly don't hate the Germans. All teams engage in diving and dirty play. If you don't think so, you're not watching closely enough or you're letting your bias get in the way. I've also noticed a lot teams whose only recourse to surviving the group stages is to play a great game of rugby. That's kind of sad too.

My favourites the rest of the way, Argentina, Netherlands. I'd like to see the Netherlands win, I've got them in my office pool.

You sound just like the guy at work. Whatever they won it 4 years ago.Just like his ice hockey team the Pens.They won last year.

It,s all history.

Get over it

Stop living in the PAST.

Thers always someone bigger and better.

Lookout for the dark horse,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Japan

Guest Johnny Bass

Italt was certainly dominated by the Slovaks. Well played.

Why the italian haters? Italians play a dirty game of football. Very good at fouling the oppposition without drawing the penalties.

Then again one could write books about the Scots.

Name a team that doesn't dive. You think the Slovaks weren't killing time at the end of the game faking injuries? And to use up all your substitutes to kill time? Its part of the game but all this spells bad sportsmanship. Unfortunately, they all do this and it is part of the game.

Slovaks played well, but I think the real reason we lost is bad goaltending. If Buffon wasn't injured and was in net? NONE of those goals would have been in. 3 BAD goals. As bad as our team played? We would have still chipped in a goal.The second reason is bad coaching.

We had one of the easiest divisions and we blew it. I didn't expect Italy to win, bujt they should have advanced to the next round. Oh well, we will wait for the next WC. Unfortunately most of the veterans will not be there....

Japan???LMAO!!!!

Edited by Johnny Bass

Good riddance to Italy. The only reason they won the World Cup last is that they cheated their way and cried like a 4 year old girl every time someone touched them. Oh my leg, my leg, mamma mia!

These guys would earn my respect and countless others as well if they played soccer the way they play it is meant to be played and won on skill.. not on cunning.

PS: Go Netherland :D

Name a team that doesn't dive. You think the Slovaks weren't killing time at the end of the game faking injuries? And to use up all your substitutes to kill time? Its part of the game but all this spells bad sportsmanship. Unfortunately, they all do this and it is part of the game.

Slovaks played well, but I think the real reason we lost is bad goaltending. If Buffon wasn't injured and was in net? NONE of those goals would have been in. 3 BAD goals. As bad as our team played? We would have still chipped in a goal.The second reason is bad coaching.

We had one of the easiest divisions and we blew it. I didn't expect Italy to win, bujt they should have advanced to the next round. Oh well, we will wait for the next WC. Unfortunately most of the veterans will not be there....

Japan???LMAO!!!!

Yes everyone noticed how the Slovaks killed time at the end of the game, you know what gooooood!!!!

Now the Italians understand how annoying it is when someone does it to them

Just because you are Italian, you gotta support your Italian Heritage (Italy), okay good but except defeat, Italy is not the best. And when you mentioned Argentina, you said that because there lots of Italians in Argentina you are rooting for them, what is that man???

I support Argentina because they are a great football team. Same goes for Brazil and Portugal, everybody is sick of the cockiness. People want to see a team play like a team, not a bunch of showoffs. And a good example of that is Germany, Argentina, Netherlands, Japan, USA, and Uruguay.

Expect to see one of those as champions

Edited by bongo

Guest Johnny Bass

Good riddance to Italy. The only reason they won the World Cup last is that they cheated their way and cried like a 4 year old girl every time someone touched them. Oh my leg, my leg, mamma mia!

These guys would earn my respect and countless others as well if they played soccer the way they play it is meant to be played and won on skill.. not on cunning.

PS: Go Netherland :D

Ya right!We had a very strong team! And we played well. But I think Italy should start working on their offence. Every year they start off slow and barely get by to the next round and they get better as the tournament progresses.This time they didn't squeek by the first round.

When was the last time Netherlands won a World Cup? And you could bet money they aren't going to win this year either. Even if they cheated and played like a 4 year old girl. What does that tell you?

It tells you that DEFENCE wins world cups and Netherlands is very much lacking in that department.

Guest Johnny Bass

Yes everyone noticed how the Slovaks killed time at the end of the game, you know what gooooood!!!!

Now the Italians understand how annoying it is when someone does it to them

Just because you are Italian, you gotta support your Italian Heritage, okay good but except defeat, Italy is not the best. And when you mentioned Argentina, you said that because there lots of Italians in Argentina you are rooting for them, what is that man???

I support Argentina because they are a great football team. Same goes for Brazil and Portugal, everybody is sick of the cockiness. People want to see a team play like a team, not a bunch of showoffs. And a good example of that is Germany, Argentina, Netherlands, Japan, USA, and Uruguay.

Expect to see one of those as champions

Like I said. All teams do it. So dont single out the Italians. Did I not accept defeat?lol

What is that? its just like the Portuguese that go fro Brazil when their team is out, claiming Brazilians are Portuguese.

USA?? Uruguay?? Japan?? Win the world cup????You must be joking.

Like I said. All teams do it. So dont single out the Italians. Did I not accept defeat?lol

What is that? its just like the Portuguese that go fro Brazil when their team is out, claiming Brazilians are Portuguese.

USA?? Uruguay?? Japan?? Win the world cup????You must be joking.

Trust me it could happen, just like Italy won it before and came out last this year, lol, but the two teams i'm rooting for are Argentina and Germany :thumbsup_anim:

And Argentina is not Italy, it might have a 15 or 20% Italian population, but most of Argentina is Spanish, the rest Eastern European, Middle Eastern, and others, I guess like other North American countries

Now tomorrow's games are Uruguay vs. South Korea and USA vs. Ghana

don't be surprised if Uruguay and USA move on to the next round

Edited by bongo

Heh, they're already calling this the "WW2 Cup"

The French and Italians surrendered early, USA doesn't show up to play until the last 15 minutes of the game and the English are left to face the Germans. :rofl2:

You got a good point, but you forgot the Ruskis, they are not in there