Footbol

kickingfrog

Guest Johnny Bass

Trust me it could happen, just like Italy won it before and came out last this year, lol, but the two teams i'm rooting for are Argentina and Germany :thumbsup_anim:

And Argentina is not Italy, it might have a 15 or 20% Italian population, but most of Argentina is Spanish, the rest Eastern European, Middle Eastern, and others, I guess like other North American countries

Now tomorrow's games are Uruguay vs. South Korea and USA vs. Ghana

don't be surprised if Uruguay and USA move on to the next round

Uruguay maybe. They have good defense and have yet to be scored on.

I think Germany will take England out.

Well Argentina has a significant amount of Italians(more than anywhere else) and that is the next best thing.lol

Ghana may very well pull the upset. They are very poor defenders but they have offense and have been the most impressive African team for the last two world cups. Bad calls is the only reason they didn't make it further last time around. This year it looks like they are having a hard time finishing. If the strikers can find the back of the net, they will eliminate USA.

Guest Johnny Bass

Heh, they're already calling this the "WW2 Cup"

The French and Italians surrendered early, USA doesn't show up to play until the last 15 minutes of the game and the English are left to face the Germans. :rofl2:

lol. This time England doesn't have Canada to back them up.

What ever did happen to team Canada? You telling me they didn't qualify? I would have loved to see the qualifying match. They should air it next time around!

Ya right!We had a very strong team! And we played well. But I think Italy should start working on their offence. Every year they start off slow and barely get by to the next round and they get better as the tournament progresses.This time they didn't squeek by the first round.

Well Johnny, you know I always appreciate your posts, but this one makes me :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Italy DID NOT have a very strong team. They had a weak transitional team that couldn't get out of a group of nobodies (Paraguay being a slight exception, but still a nobody on the greater scale of things).

Italy had a team that, like last world cup, hoped to defend defend defend (as stated by Cannavaro himself) and hoped to get random goals here and there. They had NO playmakers on this Italian team (with the injury to Pirlo). They were left with a bunch of subpar goons, who looked the part, but certainly didn't play the part.

If you remember the last world cup, it was the same strategy. DEFEND DEFEND DEFEND and just wait for a goal scoring opportunity. Totti dove in the box vs Australia in the round of 16 and was foolishly awarded the penalty. They tried to push 0-0 games to extra time and break them down in extra time with the likes of Del Piero. It worked. It stood no chance of working again as that team featured the likes of a younger Gattuso, Pirlo, Totti, Del Piero, Nesta, Buffon, a decent Cannavaro (man is past it now), and a decent Zambrotta (same as Cannavaro). And again, you're right, they have recently had disgusting offence and they need to figure that out sooner rather than later.

You're right about the Dutch too. They won't win as they lack any measure of defense. They're not what people are cracking them up to be. I predicted this at Euro (I couldn't at the last world cup as they couldn't muster qualification), and I'm predicting it again. Betting against the dutch is generally a safe bet.

Oh Johnnybass changes his mind now, Uruguay might go on, you were just making fun of them last night, what's the matter you found out that there is one guy on the team that has an Italian last name? LOL :whistling:

Italy is out, that's it you have no more say in the matter, lol. just teasing you

Guest Johnny Bass

Well Johnny, you know I always appreciate your posts, but this one makes me :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Italy DID NOT have a very strong team. They had a weak transitional team that couldn't get out of a group of nobodies (Paraguay being a slight exception, but still a nobody on the greater scale of things).

Italy had a team that, like last world cup, hoped to defend defend defend (as stated by Cannavaro himself) and hoped to get random goals here and there. They had NO playmakers on this Italian team (with the injury to Pirlo). They were left with a bunch of subpar goons, who looked the part, but certainly didn't play the part.

If you remember the last world cup, it was the same strategy. DEFEND DEFEND DEFEND and just wait for a goal scoring opportunity. Totti dove in the box vs Australia in the round of 16 and was foolishly awarded the penalty. They tried to push 0-0 games to extra time and break them down in extra time with the likes of Del Piero. It worked. It stood no chance of working again as that team featured the likes of a younger Gattuso, Pirlo, Totti, Del Piero, Nesta, Buffon, a decent Cannavaro (man is past it now), and a decent Zambrotta (same as Cannavaro). And again, you're right, they have recently had disgusting offence and they need to figure that out sooner rather than later.

You're right about the Dutch too. They won't win as they lack any measure of defense. They're not what people are cracking them up to be. I predicted this at Euro (I couldn't at the last world cup as they couldn't muster qualification), and I'm predicting it again. Betting against the dutch is generally a safe bet.

Hey, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. In my opinion both Italy AND France had strong teams and that is why they made it to the finals. For a team to shut down Brazil like France did says it all.

We had guys like Grosso, Matterazzi, Zambrotta, Cannarvaro, play defense. We had powerful midfielders like Gatuso and Pirlo. We had some great offense like Totti(who was always double teamed, Luca Toni, not sure if del piero was there. ALl of which could put the ball in the net.Not to mention one of the best goaltenders(if not the best) in the world(Buffon). All these guys are world class soccer players.

Most of our offense is retired I'm thinking(should have played Gilardino more)? Where was Luca Toni? And Di Natale stunk. We still had one play maker. Camoranesi, which the coach did not play in the third game. But other than that, the entire team played poor with the exceptions of Zambrotta, Camoranesi,De Rossi and Pepe.

Apparently there is another Rossi that is supposed to be good but Lippi didn't pick him on the team.

Italy has always been a defensive team. That's their style, but I think they may have to work on their offense. On the weak teams they were playing, they could have came straight up the middle as opposed to trying to come in from the sides.

It is clear Italy and France are rebuilding so it may take awhile before they are back on top.

Guest Johnny Bass

Oh Johnnybass changes his mind now, Uruguay might go on, you were just making fun of them last night, what's the matter you found out that there is one guy on the team that has an Italian last name? LOL :whistling:

Italy is out, that's it you have no more say in the matter, lol. just teasing you

Ya one of the guys last name sounds a little Italian.lol I said there is a possibility. I didn't say I was cheering for them.

Hey that's what the world cup is all about. Teasing and bragging rights.