Line Change for PowerPro

Golfisher

For those of you using braided lines, do you guys change them every year as you would do with mono lines? I got three of my reels spooled with PowerPro last spring; wondering if I should get them replaced for the new season.

well it depends on how much you use it, Ive done what lew said(reverse the line) and basically saved from buying another spool. But if you have the money for new line and its going to boost your confidence, why not ?

Cool, so I got at least another year's use left. Thanks for the replies.

Nope, you've got 3 more years left.

One more year the way you are, then reverse it and go for 2 more years.

Now you've got lotsa $$$$ in your pocket for more baits :clapping:

Yep, Lews right again! I run the same line for several years- throughout the season I trim it back if it begins to look frayed or fuzzy and every other year I swap ends. I also have found I can use the same floro leader all season if I keep checking it for bad nicks or cuts. I can almost rationalize the cost savings to the wife!

I respool braid once a season. Mostly for peace of mind, but also because I usually have at least one mother of a pterodactyl nest and being a knucklehead, my only backlash removal technique involves yanking on the braid and either getting it free or digging it so far down into the spool that the rod and reel go back in to the rod locker for more extreme maintenance at home. I find that the best backlashes occur when you hook something on your backcast just as you are trying to make a monster cast to a splash or fish that you just saw surface.

Use lots of mono backing on your spool and just put enough braid on there so that you don't ever get down to your backing on your longest cast. Sometimes you see people with 200 yards of braid on their spool. Not really sure that is really necessary. I can spool 2 baitcasters per filler spool of Power Pro or Stren Super Braid.

Charles

PP lasts a long time and you'll get at least a couple years out of it, then remove it all and reverse it, and you'll then get another couple years.

Nothing like mono.

Great advise Lew, you beat me to it!

On the topic of mono, I am loving the fluro that is available now.....worth a try for those that haven't used it instead of mono.

Strongest stuff I have ever used, even when I get snags i just keep pulling and end up breaking the hook or pulling out the log. The coulor fades away after about 6-8 months but I guess it still has the same strength. Just wished it was a bit cheapier

Hey ofners

Did you know that power pro now come in a blood red, I personally havent used it yet, but the rep was telling me that it dissapears in 10ft or more water..

going to try it my elf now thats its at the store...

Dave

Hey ofners

Did you know that power pro now come in a blood red, I personally havent used it yet, but the rep was telling me that it dissapears in 10ft or more water..

going to try it my elf now thats its at the store...

Dave

Your rep has distorted the facts a bit. Yes the colour of red disappears quite quickly in the water column. It just turns "black". The object no longer reflects red. It gets darker and darker as it sinks deeper until it turns "black". Red mono does the same thing.