Total Lunar Eclipse...

Take a look to the east late tomorrow afternoon, around 4:30 or so.

This will be a daylight event, coloring the moon copperish.

The only March full moon is called 'Full Worm Moon'.

ehg

Nice and clear here today. I'll be out with the camera starting at 6:40 tonight, attempting to photograph the moon over Lake Superior. Wish me luck..

I've been waiting to see this eclipse Dan, but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen as we've got a very cloudy day down here, so your pics may be the only chance we get....make em good :thumbsup_anim:

Good luck to you Dan, and as Lew said, it's going to be way too cloudy here too. But then, with YOU taking the pics, there's not much sense in anyone else trying. :-)

LOL Roy. Actually the moon is very difficult to photograph. The high contrast between the moon itself and the black background make for a difficult shoot. But it will still be somewhat light here when the eclipse takes place. And I don't expect the moon to be as bright as it normally is when it is lit up by the sun. So I'm being optimistic here. The entire event only lasts 20 minutes. I'll be off in an hour or so.

LOL Roy. Actually the moon is very difficult to photograph. The high contrast between the moon itself and the black background make for a difficult shoot.

Got that right Dan I've been working on a good shot the last two full moons, haven't gotten it right yet.

Good Luck and looking forward to your pics.

Whopper

I'm not a photographer by any stretch of the imagination, but I attempted to take pics of a lunar eclipse back in Nov 2003. I used a cheap Kodak 3.1 megapixel camera...played around with the exposure settings and came up with a few shots.

gallery_60_22_296.jpg

gallery_60_22_5679.jpg

Not the best shots, but without having telephoto lenses, and using the digial zoom by accident, this was the best I could do...LOL.

I know that Dan will post some AMAZING shots later, but for those of you in cloudy areas, this will have to tie you over til then. haha

Edited by ccmtcanada