Truck tires

jjcanoe

just wondering if anyone has Falken tires on their vehicle. I`m looking at the Highcountry A/T. They seem to be highly rated on a few tire websites and reasonably priced. Need a new set of tires for my Ram 1500 and am not a big fan of Motomasters which seem to be one of the few others that are in my price range. Had bad luck in the past with buying used tires since they always seem to have cracked sidewalls after about a year.

Thanks

jjcanoe

i'm ordering a set of michelin ltx m/s2 tires next week. they look fantastic and are supposed to be an upgrade on the ltx m/s which has pretty much been the hands down winner in a light truck/suv tire for quite some time.

ryan

...that is they look fantastic on paper, i really care little about how the tire itself looks.

Edited by Dunner

Falkens are ok, my expierence is they wear quickly, what is your price range and size sure i can find something for you

17/32" tread depth on the highcountry

I do some off roading when fishing and have been stuck before with all seasons thats why I'm looking more at the All Terrains, The snow around here in London can get nasty real quick and I work out of town 25km, how are those michelins in the snow and muck?

jjcanoe

I bought a set of Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor AT's for my truck and they were decently priced and got great reviews. They cost me $1,000 installed and balanced here in Yellowknife so I would bet they would be $100 or more less down south. I'm very impressed with them so far. I have used them in snow, ice, dirt roads, climbing a granite outcrop and off road with good results. :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor Tires

no problem,I run goodyear silent armours on my z-71 so far so good they go through everything i have thrown at it. just did a 27 km hike into the woods through swamps rocks and the usual backroad stuff to get into a speckle lake no problems and if you want the wranglers they are the same price as the michelin in a 10-ply rating of 1220 on the road. there is another goodyear called the dura-trac that has gotten some great reviews and thats what i will put on next

Guest nuker

same here, i have the wrangler silent armours. cost me under $1000 out the door. $950 i think and those were for 265/70/R18's.

I think i got them in the summer of 2008. Wouldn't say they're great for snow, even though they're snow rated. But that's what my winter tires are for!

They're still lookin alright. the 2 fronts are showing wear. 95% road driving. It was a great deal.

no problem,I run goodyear silent armours on my z-71 so far so good they go through everything i have thrown at it. just did a 27 km hike into the woods through swamps rocks and the usual backroad stuff to get into a speckle lake no problems and if you want the wranglers they are the same price as the michelin in a 10-ply rating of 1220 on the road. there is another goodyear called the dura-trac that has gotten some great reviews and thats what i will put on next

never had falken tires so cant help you there,

when i bought my new to me truck i was in need of tires and was recommended Nokian Vatiiva A/T, i've been very happy with them

http://www.nokiantires.com/tyre?id=11952&group=2.02&name=Nokian%20Vatiiva%20A/T

cost me $1072 all work included, and switched over my spare and disposed of my old ones, for a ford f-150 supercrew, mine are 255's though

The General Ameritrac's on my F-150 went 115,000 km before I had one crack a tread and leak.... so of course I replaced them with the same! Great on ice for traction as well..

MSL on them is $280 each.. but I had 4 installed, balanced/valves/etc all for $982.20 with taxes!

I just put on 2 michelin ltx 255/70/16 and they were 190 installed and balanced, the new ltx 2 were $202, installed, this was at tirecraft superstore in stoney creek, which was the best price by far that I found, tirerack.com was 149$ plus shipping and then you have to install the tires, I had the ameritrac as well, but they were cracked like no tomorrow after 65000km and the front tires would "roll over" on tight corners.

Edited by moemoe

i could do michelin ltx m/s 2 for 1220 all in and there is a $60 rebate till may 22 on all michelin products

I'm getting nothing but positive stuff about these tires, you're from Dunsford, where is your shop Lindsay or Peterborough or Bobcaygeon?? I'm way down here in London so it's a bit of a hike lol

jjcanoe

I bought a set of Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor AT's for my truck and they were decently priced and got great reviews. They cost me $1,000 installed and balanced here in Yellowknife so I would bet they would be $100 or more less down south. I'm very impressed with them so far. I have used them in snow, ice, dirt roads, climbing a granite outcrop and off road with good results. :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor Tires

Ernie put a set of the Silent Armour on my truck a couple years ago and I'm very happy with the tires. I was driving all over the lake all winter and never had a problem with traction on the ice or in the snow (not that we had much). Nice and quiet on the road as well. I haven't put a lot of miles on them yet, probably less than 10k so far, but they show no signs of wear.

i wouldn't get the michelin LTX if you do any kind of off-roading -- they are terrible. if you are looking for a 100% onroad tire then go for it. they are quiet and treadwear is outstanding. bridgestone dueler AT would be my pick.

Edited by Raf

jj shop is in scarborough.

as for the tire if you wanna off road capability the ltx m/s isn't a very good choice it's smooth long wearing decent in snow or rain but slippery in sand/gravel/mud.

a/t tires are better suited to off road applications regardless of which brand but michelin goodyear and bridgestone all make good a/t tires there is the ltx a/t2 offroad tread but pricy looking 1320 all in

My new F-150 came with 18" Goodyear Wranglers.

I've only got 8K on them but so far they seem like good tires. They ride quiet & smooth on the hiways and went thru the snow with no problems, but as Jer says we didn't really get much anyways this past winter.

I always use dedicated winter tires for the cold months but may just give these a try next winter and see what happens.

Just a tip, if you get a to aggressive tread they'll be noisy on the hyway, made that mistake with my Tahoe. I went back to an softer tread. Can't say anything about any brand except DON"T BUY FIRESTONE. I have a Ford FX4 crew now and if I had known how much the tires would be on it, I wouldn't have bought it $350.00 each :angry: