Shore fishing thread

416angler

I was wondering if people would be interested in compiling an Ontario shore fishing locations list? Feel free to list the spot and any relevant info. you would like to share. Some places are obvious but those new to angling might find it useful.

I'll start..

Toronto Islands

Ashbridge's Bay

Frenchman's Bay

Fenelon Falls

Lake Scugog - behind the grocery store

I'll see if I can find out what shoreline my step mother (that inherited everything!) fishes on and then I'll be sure to post it so she has LOTS of company. :blink:

come on 416 angler you must be kidding! :rolleyes:

oggie

Actually, I'm not kidding. Some of you have contributed positively to this thread. Thank you and I hope you continue so that newbie anglers who don't own a boat and don't have a lot of time off can enjoy some time fishing without going from location to location looking for a good spot (even though some people include that as part of their angling experience).

As you can see from the list, the spots mentioned are fairly generalized. You don't have to worry about "your" secret spot (on public property :)) being compromised.

You would be better off going into your local tackle shop and talking to someone there. Make them aware you're just getting into fishing and could use some help. Buy a few items and they'll usually point you in the right direction to catch some fish. You'll probably find most people are much more likely to help you in person than in a setting like this.

The problem with posting good spots with easy shore access to the masses is that they don't remain good for too long.

Edited by timmeh

You would be better off going into your local tackle shop and talking to someone there. Make them aware you're just getting into fishing and could use some help. Buy a few items and they'll usually point you in the right direction to catch some fish. You'll probably find most people are much more likely to help you in person than in a setting like this.

The problem with posting good spots with easy shore access to the masses is that they don't remain good for too long.

Edited by peterc

Timmeh,

Thanks for trying to explain. However, as I mentioned earlier, this thread is not for me. I guess some of the more slightly paranoid individuals replying to this thread have a false sense of entitlement to public land.

Anyone who can find google maps and knows how to type can eventually find the information I'm trying to compile here. It's hardly classified.

I appreciate the neutral tone you used to express your thoughts though. I'm afraid others have mistaken their use of sarcasm for wit!

List continues..

Hastings

Anyone who can find google maps and knows how to type can eventually find the information I'm trying to compile here. It's hardly classified.

Then do it that way.

Please folks, realize that by posting your fishing hot spots online, it truly opens them up to the masses. It can turn a spot where you used to see a couple of boats/anglers in a day to a real crapshow, almost instantly. I have seen it happen, and it sucks.

Sorry 416Angler, but give your head a shake.

Darcy

416---Good intentions here but probably won't fly---(And I don't shore fish much anymore)

This thread is not far removed from the poaching threads from the Kawartha's where individuals were a few hundred over their limit.

As a veteran pre-boat shore angler---I found any Accessible water in Ontario will hold something to pull the string---a little research and preperation gets you there.