Montreal-flash in the pan

scuro2

I'll vote for gone in 5. Heard an interview where they were talking about confidence as the series went on, players this, players that, blah blah blah...are you serious? Only reason they are there is there goalie was great, the other goalie not as good. Washington is the better team, just got bit by a hot goaltender, it can happen (doubt it will happen to Pittsburg though)

D'ya think ya might wanna hold off a little longer before you call out the team that just beat #1 coming back from from being down 3-1. I think I heard that's not exactly a common occurence.

I've only seen the Pens win one period out of two so far. I'm not saying I'm sure yer wrong but the Habs have made a lot of pretty smart hockey people look pretty stupid lately.

JF

Crosby blocks shots and back checks, something ovie never does. mtl is in trouble.

lapierre sells another Bull call, i hate that cross-eyed idiot. i hope the refs review the tape on that and call him for every dive he even thinks about doing.

that was one of the most boring games i've watched in a long time, even with 9 goals scored, the play sucked and so did the fans, could of heard a pin drop most of the time, if pittsburgh plays like that the whole series we seriously got a chance,hardly the dominating team i was expecting, just got to shore up the penalty kill,

i'd start price next game to give halak a good rest, unless price stands on his head in that game i would still start halak in game 3 and throughout the series, regardless of the outcome of game 2

hopefully the remaining games are a little more exciting, whoever wins

GO HABS GO

get well soon markov & spacek, we need you

that was one of the most boring games i've watched in a long time, even with 9 goals scored, the play sucked and so did the fans, could of heard a pin drop most of the time, if pittsburgh plays like that the whole series we seriously got a chance,hardly the dominating team i was expecting, just got to shore up the penalty kill,

i'd start price next game to give halak a good rest, unless price stands on his head in that game i would still start halak in game 3 and throughout the series, regardless of the outcome of game 2

hopefully the remaining games are a little more exciting, whoever wins

GO HABS GO

get well soon markov & spacek, we need you

Agreed it was a filtered try again please game,the habs pretty much were sleep walking and were still in the game.

Don`t like the afternoon start time on Sunday why is Bettman bending over for NBC.

There was no nervous tension. The puck went in early and often. Halik looked very human. They had to take him out before he tarnished. The giant killers were anything but. The fans enjoyed the spectacle, the outcome never in doubt. No need to cheer wildly for your team to win, it was a happy relaxed time for them. One easy win closer to the stanley cup.

Edited by scuro2

lapierre sells another Bull call, i hate that cross-eyed idiot. i hope the refs review the tape on that and call him for every dive he even thinks about doing.

I have to admit that was pretty funny. He gets jabbed in the ribs and he grabs his neck wincing in pain. :lol:

I'm definitely not a Hab's fan, last nights game was pretty sweet.

But there's no way I'd count them out yet. C'mon, credit where credit is due.

Mtl has been living on borrowed time. They barely made the playoffs and lucky for them their first series was against a very predictable team that made the mistake of putting everything on Ovie's shoulders (as eveidenced by the amount of ice time he got) and not changing their approach at any point in the series. Halak is a good netminder but he had a lot of shots blocked because of the Caps predictability and he is certainly not the god the Mtl media portrays him as. The Habs have a great team to build on and I'm sure they will be better next year, but they will not go far against the Pens, end of story. Pens in four.

Go Bruins Go :thumbsup_anim:

Mtl has been living on borrowed time. They barely made the playoffs and lucky for them their first series was against a very predictable team that made the mistake of putting everything on Ovie's shoulders (as eveidenced by the amount of ice time he got) and not changing their approach at any point in the series. Halak is a good netminder but he had a lot of shots blocked because of the Caps predictability and he is certainly not the god the Mtl media portrays him as. The Habs have a great team to build on and I'm sure they will be better next year, but they will not go far against the Pens, end of story. Pens in four.

Go Bruins Go :thumbsup_anim:

Hey, we all know they're living on borrowed time, and have been since long before the Lowly Leafs beat them to end the regular season. But now let's see how good their credit really is. We may be about to witness the second great sub-prime fiasco of this young millenium.

I'm only an interim Habs fan. Normally I hate 'em. But these upstart winners are making the playoffs fun, not the least because they're embarrassing a lot of sports pundits and leaf-hating armchair authorities. But then that's about all us Leafs fans have had to look forward to for longer than I care to remember. Next year it could be my Leafs humiliating the cognoscenti. This is just a Leaf fan warmup. :thumbsup_anim:

JF

Guest Johnny Bass

I think fatigue can be blamed for Montreal's lack luster performance. These guys gave it everything they had in game 7 and only had 2 days to rest. How long has Pittsburgh been resting?

They weren't fore checking, blocking shots(since they don't want to get injured in game one).

Their play will improve. I just don't think they have what it takes to beat Pittsburgh, but only time will tell.

everyone is saying..."Man habs are garbage and are gonna get smoked by Pitts". And they prolly will. But we weren't even supposed to be here. We accomplished history and are freerolling now. What do the haters get from saying Pitts is gonna smoke us?

everyone is saying..."Man habs are garbage and are gonna get smoked by Pitts". And they prolly will. But we weren't even supposed to be here. We accomplished history and are freerolling now. What do the haters get from saying Pitts is gonna smoke us?

Pre-conditioned reflex. I guess they figure enuf accumulated negative energy might help their own struggling team win. And a little bit of the young boy who can't help teasing the girl he has the crush on. They're all closet leaf lovers. :w00t:

JF