Walleye Season - How was your year? Let's see your pics!

ccmtcanada

With all the awesome Walleye reports from the Bay of Quinte and Lake Ontario this year (on both soft and hard water), I was wondering how your season went? For division 8 (Lake Ontario), the season ended yesterday. Bly and I went out for one last shot at them last night...but we were skunked! The water was very murky and the surface kept icing up a little, so we couldn't get our crankbaits down. We weren't expecting to catch anything, just wanted to get out that last time.

Bly and I had an awesome year...fishing along the shore of Lake Ontario. They were all caught with artificial bait...mostly crank baits, but a few with jigs and spoons. Fishindevil took me out on his boat trolling for them back in November and we caught a few real nice ones. Here's our PBs from last fall.

Blys PB was a 15 pounder, 31" long and a whopping 20.5" girth

gallery_60_22_18089.jpg

My PB was this 14.5 pounder, 32" long, 19" girth

gallery_60_23_38799.jpg

Here's my only Walleye that I caught during the day...LOL. Caught on Fishindevil's new Lund!

gallery_60_23_5118.jpg

Let's see your pics! Cant wait til it's warm enough to fish comfortably again....come on spring!!!

We only fish for pickeral for a couple weeks in May while were waiting for musky season to open, but it's not so much what we catch, but more, who you catch them with.

Always the best trip of the year for me....Quinte in May with the boyz

Cnv1426.jpg

Cnv1425.jpg

Cnv1424.jpg

Cnv1422.jpg

Won't be to much longer now !!

Hit Quinte a few times this past fall (& winter)

first trip in October I set a new PB 11.5lbs

went again in mid Nov, a fewnice ones, but nothing over 10....

but with the cancellation of an early Jan. ice trip we went back & I upped my PB a few more ounces

quintejan07009.jpg

does this photo look like it was taken on Jan 6?

quintejan07003.jpg

I really enjoy Quinte - it treats me well

carol you are still :worthy: THE WALLEYE QUEEN, AND CLIFF YOU ARE THE WALLEYE KING. :w00t: ..i think you guys have both caught the biggest walleyes of 06,fishing season :worthy: they are both the biggest that i have heard about,and everyone elses walleye pics do look great as well,i will post mine tommorow as i am on company time right now....cheers :Gonefishing:

This was the best walleye day this year on the BOQ with Fishhunter (Lloyder on the U & Me boat) and his knowledge. If you get a chance to go out with him.Do it you will be more than happy. WE had 14 fish from 6 am to 12PM biggest being probably a 14-15lber got off at the net.

pickeral4.jpg

pickeral2-1.jpg

pickeral11.jpg

pickeral9.jpg

PICKERAL1-1.jpg

tightlines

Gnoddy

Edited by GNODDY

A nice 24" from Fushimi Lake (that's still there swimming...)

FushimiLake2006--035.jpg

Another Fushimi 'eye my buddie caught (also released back to Lilly Pad Bay)

FushimiLake2006--079.jpg

A Sauger from Turtle Lake outside Atikokan, ON:

Kristiswalleye3.jpg

Can't wait to get back up in Ontario again....

dk

We did pretty good last year. Eye fishing started around July and went to December. This year might target them a bit from the opener and see what we can do. Here's a few pics.

fish06004.jpg

quinte2006008.jpg

quinte2006006.jpg

Keep some :)

quinteeyes.jpg

Release some :)

walleyerelease.jpg

Longest of last year, my heaviest too :thumbsup_anim:

quinte2006002.jpg

My boat faired ok last year for Walleye. I'll save you pics with my ugly mug, however, here's some guests holding some quality fish.

img0757of9.jpg

img0837co7.jpg

img0733tq8.jpg

img0796ah7.jpg

img0845eg8.jpg

Nothing beats getting a long time walleye guy onto their first 12+ pound fish.

CCMT, this post is just an excuse to show of those little Wally's you and Bly get....lol jk :w00t:

Here is my longest of the year caught directly under my dock in May on GBay, the pic does no justice but it was 32.5" and freshly spawned out so it was a little slim.

Very nice fish by the way fellas.

gallery_322_145_28438.jpg

Edited by GbayGiant

I've only landed one musky off the dock 48-49", but have seen quite a few and some bigger ones eat the walleye off my hook at the surface, they tend to be in there out of season up here so I don't try to catch them off the dock but they like jigs and minnows sometimes. :D

CCMT, this post is just an excuse to show of those little Wally's you and Bly get....lol jk :w00t:

Here is my longest of the year caught directly under my dock in May on GBay, the pic does no justice but it was 32.5" and freshly spawned out so it was a little slim.

Very nice fish by the way fellas.

LOL...from what I gather GbabyGiant, your fish was longer than mine and blys....haha. Great lookin eye you had there! All the pics in this thread make me wish it was soft water time NOW!!!! Thanks to everyone contributing pics!!