Raybans, Worth the money??

HTHM

I bought a pair of Raybans 2.5 - 3 years ago,thinking that if I am going to pay over 250 dollars, I should get sonething good that will last me the rest of my life. Well,last Saturday the arm fell off. No warrantee, and replacement parts are $88.00

I went the web site, no contact information at all just selling. Not that impressed with the customer service.

These were NOT abused at all, used for driving and fishing.

So now I am going to have to get a new pair, they will not be Rayban.

End Rant.

Mine have been good also. I did break a temple hinge several years ago in Alaska but luckily it was covered under warranty.

If you're looking for good shades at a great price The Maddison River Fishing company is clearing out some discontinued Smith Action Optic polarized glasses.

Buy the photo chromic glass lens ones as the darken when it gets briter and are more scratch resistant than the polycarbonite lenses.

For $79 you can't go wrong.

I just bought a pair yesterday. :good:

I see they are now sold out of the ones I purchased, so if you're interested I wouldn't wait.

Oh, I almost forgot, shipping was $8.95.

Smith Action Optics Sunglasses on Sale

Edited by DRIFTER_016

Do you wear perscription glasses? Do you have coverage?

My RayBan's have been great for many years. I got a new set a year ago only because I wanted lighter lenses.

Who said they sold it (B&L) off is correct, many years ago.

i bought maui jims...

haven't used them much cause to chicken to drop/scratch/lose them...

glue started coming undone in the case... send an email in, and 2 weeks later i got a new case...

great customer service

also very surprising how many "expensive" glasses are not Polarized....

$200+ and all you're getting is a plastic lens, screw that... then i'll shop at the gypsy karts at the mall... 2 for $20

I used my Ray Bans all summer, fall, and winter as well as the spring now and I have not had 1 problem with them. Hundreds of days fishing, cold, warm, rain or shine they have not been affected. Look at 95% of fishing pictures of mine and I'm wearing them. There great to have and a tool I have learned to use.

Thanks for the commiseration guys, my bro-in-law is a pilot and he has has his for ~20 years with out a problem. That is why this is so frustrating for me.

I do have a contact number for B & L now, so i will call them and see what can be done.