Fishy Smell!

s2k4mee

I'd be looking for a couple of rotters in the nooks and crannies :blink: Forgot a small gab of bait smelt in the back of the van last year. Even though they were in a plastic bag, the reek was incredible once they liquified :oops: I kept blaming the smell on my daughter :devil:

I think your best shot at it would be pet stain remover because you need an enzymed based cleanser to remove animal matter, fecal matter and the like. A light spray then brush it in and rinse with clear water.

Let me know how it works.

The trunk of my van reeks of fish smell. Worst than gulp alive. Went smelting and threw some in a garbage bag, however there was a rip in it and fish slime got on the carpet. Any of you have any suggestion on how to rid of this foul smell???

time for a new vehicle :D

NokOut! Enzimes work well but oxidizers work even better and are 100% safe. This stuff even works on skunk. It actually nutrilizes the cause of the smell. It is even used in water purification. something died in Sue's car last year, the smell was horrid, we tried a bunch of different stuff, nothing lasted more than a day or two. Then we used this stuff, within a day the smell was gone and didn't come back. We always keep a bottle in the house.

NokOut

try a pan (like a pie pan) of ground coffee. (fresher the better)

I'll second that.

Used to dump a kilo of ground coffee in the back of reefer trailers. Best way to mask the smell of fresh chicken flesh. Usually takes a few washes to sanitize you vehicle enough to get rid of the stink from any dead flesh.

Went to Swish Clean-It as recommended by Jer. Explain the situation to a sales rep there and he told me to use this bio enzyme call Aromx 35. He also guranteed the horrid stench will be gone! If not, bring back the bottle and get a full refund! That was music to my ears. I'll report back tomorrow.

You should have just tried the NokOut first, I did some marketing work for them a couple of years ago. it actually kills the bacteria that causes the smell and it is 100% safe to use even for people with alergies. We use to do a demo with amonia, spray the amonia on our hand, spray NokOut on it, let it dry for about 30 seconds and you could actually lick your hand. The amonia was nutralized and all traces of the odor were gone. (and no, I don't work for them) We use it to sanatise our counter tops, I use it in my live well in the boat, and it works wonders for killing odors when hunting. remove skunk odors from your dog, liter boxes, smelly shoes and sports gear. If you were closer, I'd give you some to try!

Went to Swish Clean-It as recommended by Jer. Explain the situation to a sales rep there and he told me to use this bio enzyme call Aromx 35. He also guranteed the horrid stench will be gone! If not, bring back the bottle and get a full refund! That was music to my ears. I'll report back tomorrow.

The 35 is good, but the 60 is even better. Thank you for shopping Swish, all of our products are always 100% gauranteed.

What store were you at?

Any of the leading foaming carpet cleaners (for your house) will do the trick.. Just leave them on till the foam is almost all fizzed into the carpet then scrub the crap out of it with a cloth!

Hopefully the swish stuff works for you.