Pike? I think so?

ciceri

Well, being the facebook creeper I am, I came across this picture that someone took of a fish. I look at it, and the head screams Pike, and it also looks like there are very distinctive circles on its side, but I am not 100% and it's hard to tell as I was not there. Now, I beleive these pictures were taken at Ken Reid park, meaning the water is Sturgeon Lake waters, very close to the Scugog River.

26130_379603753785_516473785_3938231_549794_n.jpg

Edited by Ciceri

Really hard to say for sure but there isn't really anything that would make me think it's a pike moreso than a musky. On the other hand, both the body of water and the forked, pointed tail side with musky.

I'm going with musky.

Edit: Also, I've seen numerous musky sitting like that in flowing water, especially during the spring.

Edited by 4thgen

I'm going with musky....sides look pretty light, looks like dark pattern on lighter body....I've seen quite a few muskies sunning themselves like that, not so much with pike

Ya I've seen many Musky sunning in the river like that.

not enough contrast on the sides. I think the light spots on the dark sides of a pike would be more visible if that was a pike. I have caught muskies that have very little markings so here's a vote for musky. To me, pike always look pretty much the same (except those blue or albino freaks)but muskies can have a broad range of appearance from striped to spotted to green to silver...

I'd say its a musky.

Judging by where it was taken, I sure as hell hope it is a musky, and not a pike. I've spent a lot of years on sturgeon, and never seen or heard of one out of there YET. You never know I guess....

S.