The Bog

fishinfool

Got together with Hud and Newfieman yesterday on the Bog.

We absolutely slayed the Crappie, a fish with almost every cast.

The average size was 8 to 10 inches and the odd bonus big one

thrown in for good measure. I caught one about 15 inches.

Didn't take my camera, so no pics. Sorry guys.

Nice finally meeting you Hud, gotta get out again soon.

good fishin but...

I gotta say I wish people would ease up on the location posting. I was out two nights ago and where I have been fishing in relative peace for several years there were 50-60 glow floats bobbing around. I realize Lake Scugog is no secret, but a lot of people read/lurk this board and I guarantee tonight there will be an extra ten down there searching for crappies.

end rant.

This is why I stopped posting, back to hibernation.

good fishin but...

I gotta say I wish people would ease up on the location posting. I was out two nights ago and where I have been fishing in relative peace for several years there were 50-60 glow floats bobbing around. I realize Lake Scugog is no secret, but a lot of people read/lurk this board and I guarantee tonight there will be an extra ten down there searching for crappies.

end rant.

This is why I stopped posting, back to hibernation.

How is he giving up his location? Seems to me all he mentioned was the lake, it's a pretty darn big lake. So far at our best spot on Buckhorn, we haven't seen another boat.

How is he giving up his location? Seems to me all he mentioned was the lake, it's a pretty darn big lake. So far at our best spot on Buckhorn, we haven't seen another boat.

The lake is big, but its the shore spots that are limited. I probably wouldn't notice the effect if I had a boat, but since I'm grounded...

It doesn't matter to me if people want to post reports and spots etc. etc. With that said, I can see where he's coming from. Scugog is not only the closest crappie lake to Toronto, but it only has so many shore access spots as well (having a boat like yourself severely limits competition but we all can't be so lucky). Combine these factors with a post saying the crappie are on fire and I'm sure there will be a few extra fishermen making the trip from Toronto and thereabouts.

Anyway, looks like a good trip -- a 15" crappie is huge! I'm still looking at ice up here. Hopefully it breaks earlier than last year (last week in April).

Well if it makes a difference, the spot that I was in was not do-able from the shore and there was only three other boats in there with us.

There are dozens of spots all over the lake that produce. I figure if anyone has a boat and fishes, they will be heading that way in any case.

The ones without boats, well they are limited in where they can go.

I really don't think telling people "the crappie are on fire" is going to make people drop what they are doing and run out all nilly willy to fish.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Well if it makes a difference, the spot that I was in was not do-able from the shore and there was only three other boats in there with us.

There are dozens of spots all over the lake that produce. I figure if anyone has a boat and fishes, they will be heading that way in any case.

The ones without boats, well they are limited in where they can go.

I really don't think telling people "the crappie are on fire" is going to make people drop what they are doing and run out all nilly willy to fish.

Maybe I'm wrong.

yep.. you are wrong....

Try to see it from the perspective of a NON-BOATER's point of view... then you will understand the shoes that kemper and I walk in ..

thanks you for consideration.

Splashhopper

It might be a large(ish) body of water, but the bog itself is a particular location and it's quite small compared to the main lake.

I personally know some guys who fish the area, and seeing this post would make them cringe and grind their teeth.

There's a rule on posting specific locations for obvious reasons.

Why not just say the fishing was hot on Scugog??!!

D'UUHHH!!

yep.. you are wrong....

Try to see it from the perspective of a NON-BOATER's point of view... then you will understand the shoes that kemper and I walk in ..

thanks you for consideration.

Splashhopper

Yep you`re wrong too!!

Don`t post locations because of the non boaters geez you guys are getting silly.

It might be a large(ish) body of water, but the bog itself is a particular location and it's quite small compared to the main lake.

I personally know some guys who fish the area, and seeing this post would make them cringe and grind their teeth.

D'UUHHH!!

Lake Scugog to me is called the Bog, not any specific area or spot.

If I have a good day fishing and wish to let my friends know about it on OFC

then guess what...

Some of you guys are dumb as stumps!

The lake is big, i'm sure that the people looking for info online will come across the

fact that the Crappie are on all over the place with the early warm spell.

Go fishing guys and don't bother continuing with your dumb comments.

I for one am not going to get drawn into your childish rants and opinions.

For the members on here who are looking for more specific locations, pm me.

Stan

D'UUHHH!!

The Bog is a location? The whole god darned Port Perry side of the lake is pretty much a swamp/bog.

You and your pals with the cringing teeth should relax and get your rods take up your spot by the highway and do your part to rid Scugog of the invasive specie,the Walleye will thank you and I thank you.

There are enough crappies to go around. With a long weekend, and beautiful weather, there would be people out regardless of any postings of good fishing. Word travels fast, even without the net.

Glad to hear ya had a good day Stan. We've been having a blast with them too!

S.

Lake Scugog to me is called the Bog, not any specific area or spot.

If I have a good day fishing and wish to let my friends know about it on OFC

then guess what...

Some of you guys are dumb as stumps!

The lake is big, i'm sure that the people looking for info online will come across the

fact that the Crappie are on all over the place with the early warm spell.

Go fishing guys and don't bother continuing with your dumb comments.

I for one am not going to get drawn into your childish rants and opinions.

For the members on here who are looking for more specific locations, pm me.

Stan

Just when we think we've built a better world, the world manages to build a better tool..

Edited by Highdrifter

The Bog is a location? The whole god darned Port Perry side of the lake is pretty much a swamp/bog.

You and your pals with the cringing teeth should relax and get your rods take up your spot by the highway and do your part to rid Scugog of the invasive specie,the Walleye will thank you and I thank you.

BAAHAAH!! You couldn't pay me to fish that sludge fest..

Kemper is right about it somewhat...I think I know the spot he is talking about, and last year's opener yielded maybe 10 people total, and I got to slam the crappie practically all to myself...This year, there's probably 30 people there every night.

But hey, it's not like the bog is that much of a secret anyways. Sharing is great, and it wasn't like gps coords were given. And when you gentlemen find yourself a spot you'd like to keep secret, hide them like they're the stuff you usually keep under your bed! :thumbsup_anim:

D'UUHHH!!

Myself and everyone I fish with have always referred to Scugog as the "bog" or "Scubog" and it was a given that it was referring to the whole lake.

So in my eyes he did in fact say fishing was hot on Scugog and was not being location specific.

And for the record. I fished the bog Thursday and Saturday. And did good. I even got a nice 3.5-4LB largie yesterday. I was considering posting a picture JUST to give a few people who have there panties on too tight and nothing better to do, something to whizz and moan about :whistling:

Myself and everyone I fish with have always referred to Scugog as the "bog" or "Scubog" and it was a given that it was referring to the whole lake.

So in my eyes he did in fact say fishing was hot on Scugog and was not being location specific.

And for the record. I fished the bog Thursday and Saturday. And did good. I even got a nice 3.5-4LB largie yesterday. I was considering posting a picture JUST to give a few people who have there panties on too tight and nothing better to do, something to whizz and moan about :whistling:

:tease::rofl2: Hey crappieperchhunter, it really does suck that we have so many bozos on this site.

Glad to hear you did well on the "bog".

I might get back out in the next couple of days, I hope they are still hot.

Stan

irishfield, i found my spare plug.

what time you picking me up?

nice to here you slammed the crappy!!!!!

i was out icefishing awhile back.

578 feet straight out from the 3rd dock at goreski's

in 8.3' of water

i had a tip up set with 3 minnows

and i slammed the largest crappy i have ever seen.

but the guy i was fishing with said they were out of season so i released it.

i think its probably still there so im going out with irishfield as soon as he picks me up.

watch out ol'gus im coming back.......