$1...for air?!

ColdH20guy

Get an air compressor from Canadian Tire and keep it in your car. These are cheap and they are small.

They will inflate footballs, soccer balls and similar balls.

They will inflate an air mattress when you go camping.

They will inflate bike-cycle tires.

And of course they will also inflate car tires.

carp-starter

and a very special "girl" friend that never talks back :rolleyes:

Okay! I have to comment on this statement! Yes, I actually do expect the air to be free! I buy gas, ciggarettes, pop, coffe and an assortment of other items from your freaking store, so the least you can do in order to express some resmeblance of customer service and appreciation, would be provide a working FREE air compressor for my tires!

Personally I think it is this "me first" and "only if I get paid for it will I do it" attitude that is ruining our society Remember those days when a business owner would actually appreciate your hard earned dollar? You know... when you would go to a service station (They should now be called no service stations) and there would be a person waiting at the pump, ready to fill your tank, clean your windows and top up the oil and tires for you? Society seemed so much nicer then! Now we have jack asses that speak to you through a speaker on the wall telling you to pre pay or fill! It seems as though there just isnt any appreciation for our business or buck any more. It really is a disturbing trend.

(This was not directed at you Dara, as I am sure you were being sarcastic.)

AB

Still trying to wrap your head around the whole "self-serve" thing eh..? what happened to "get your lazy ass out of your car and fill up your own gas tank" now that's a self sufficient society.

To the guy that noted that he buys his cigs,pop and what ever,I can see your point.

NOW

As Im the one that takes care of 4 compressors in both plants.They sevice ,punch presses,shakers for scrap removal and blow offs to get the parts away from the dies,welders also require air.AIR COSTS, much more then you think.

Break down for you.This is not your garage air compressor I understand,but to show you that air is not free.

1 air filter = $65

1 oil filter =$35

5 gal pail of tonna 68 = $85.

Oil seperator = $250

Also add the cost of hydro.

Manual labour to do the job = 4-5 hrs.(no Im not going to put a dollar figure here) :P

This work is done, on all four machines twice a year.One compressor has it done three times a year,as it runs 24/6.

AIR IS NOT FREE.

Edited by BrianB

The nitrogen tank in my truck has already come in handy twice lol and not just for air conditioners

Too funny Tinman.I remember more than one of my HVAC guys topping off his tires with R-22 back in the 80's.They would hang you and your family for that now.The same guys also never had a schrader valve in their spare..Wonder where that went?Nitrogen???We purged with the good stuff back then.

Joe

Tinman and Daplumma,

Do you ever notice that filling car tires with nitrogen is all the rage these days? They charge large for it too!

We have been doing it for years! When I was fresh out of high school, I worked at De Havilland Aircraft in Downsview. They always filled the aircraft tires with nitrogen because it does not expand or contract with a change in temperature. Well, there were some guys that were in the habit of also "borrowing" some good grease that they used on the wheel bearings, and taking it home to grease their car wheel bearings. Problem was, the grease for aircraft was only expected to do a good job for a very short time period while taking off or landing. Cars on the other hand, would travel hundreds of miles at a time. The grease would break down under those conditions and their vehicles were screwed. We always got a chuckle out of them!

This thread reminded me of those days!

To the guy that noted that he buys his cigs,pop and what ever,I can see your point.

NOW

As Im the one that takes care of 4 compressors in both plants.They sevice ,punch presses,shakers for scrap removal and blow offs to get the parts away from the dies,welders also require air.AIR COSTS, much more then you think.

Break down for you.This is not your garage air compressor I understand,but to show you that air is not free.

1 air filter = $65

1 oil filter =$35

5 gal pail of tonna 68 = $85.

Oil seperator = $250

Also add the cost of hydro.

Manual labour to do the job = 4-5 hrs.(no Im not going to put a dollar figure here) :P

This work is done, on all four machines twice a year.One compressor has it done three times a year,as it runs 24/6.

AIR IS NOT FREE.

AIR IS FREE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the means in which you aquire the air might not be, but the air is FREE.....

the cost depends on you.

12 volt air compressors that plug into a cigarette lighter are cheap,

and work great.

you can get them for around $10.

there compact and can sit in your trunk for years.

my 2002 montana has a built in compressor for the air ride suspension and it has a long hose with a gauge to fill tires and anything else i might need it for. ( i love that thing)

i also carry a ctc $10 special in the back aswell.

along with a lot of other just incase stuff.

TRACKER use laugh at all the stuff i carry, but he is finding out why !!!LOL

like a new tube that fits my trailer tires- remember that road side repair tracker--lol

the no glue tire plugs that work GREAT when a nail tags along...

and the list continues............................................

You think air is bad.......it doesnt get half the rise outta me as a $15.00 parking spot to watch a hockey game.

Only $15? Try going to a Leafs game, HAHAHAHA. Your sore all over after that...

Tinman and Daplumma,

Do you ever notice that filling car tires with nitrogen is all the rage these days? They charge large for it too!

We have been doing it for years! When I was fresh out of high school, I worked at De Havilland Aircraft in Downsview. They always filled the aircraft tires with nitrogen because it does not expand or contract with a change in temperature. Well, there were some guys that were in the habit of also "borrowing" some good grease that they used on the wheel bearings, and taking it home to grease their car wheel bearings. Problem was, the grease for aircraft was only expected to do a good job for a very short time period while taking off or landing. Cars on the other hand, would travel hundreds of miles at a time. The grease would break down under those conditions and their vehicles were screwed. We always got a chuckle out of them!

This thread reminded me of those days!

Yep, its all the rage, i used it when i had a flat the other day, the tire goes up pretty fast! and then to pump up the kids tires. I had heard of them using r22 to pump up tires but heard that was temporary cause they could blow lol.