Lowrance is not making me happy

Terry

I called Lowrance today about the status of my HDS5..they have none in stock and expect to ship it back in about 2 weeks

then I said, of course you don't have any BPS sold them all for 300 bucks, less then have of what everyone else paid for them....he back peddled a bit and gave me a song and dance.. oh well the fix is under warranty...guess I should be happy

then I asked about getting my 67c ice machine fixed...250.00 bucks...250 that's more then half the price of a new one.....why would I want to pay that much.. and still end up with a used fishfinder...it doesn't make sense......

time to look at hummnbird for a portable finder..........

Some of these Lowrance stories are making me want to consider other options next time around.

However being in SW Ontario and Jos as a local dealer it makes things much easier dealing with Lowrance. I certainly like their products better than HB or Garmin.

Guest gbfisher

Strange way of doing business..... :rolleyes:

Any time I have had issues with Lowrance. I had an old road map that wouldn't work in my H20c I took it right to them in Mississauga and they exchanged it. After telling me they would transfer the info onto a new card and realized it would take to long they gave me another. Same thing different card... :rolleyes: Took going to their store to do it though. One of my friends had an issue with his transducer as did another buddy. After both of them went to the store, both had each replaced. One was told about the low temps we have and that some crystal was cracking.... :rolleyes:

Id tell ya to go to the store and talk to someone. It seems that over the phone they can say just about anything to get rid of you...lol...At the store, blanks stares get answered.. :) Not sure why they would treat any customer the way they have here.

Hope ya work something out. Ive never been a fan of the other units mentioned.

When manufacturers finally realize that bad press travels fast these days because of the internet, mayby they will start to wake up. It use to be one un happy customer cost you a few sales. Today, because of the internet, one unhappy customer can cost you 100's of sales.

Terry, I would email head office and explain the situation, I'd include a link to this site, if they have any brains at all they will make sure they do the right thing for you. I'll tell you right now that after I read your experiences with the company I'd be looking at other options if I was in the market. Right now I'm starting to wonder if I made a good choice when I purchased my HDS5. I'll be waiting to see what their response is to you before I suggest any of their products again.

I hear you cliff

exactly Grimace 250 to repair it is silly when I can buy new for 329.99

I may end up with a new finder but the old base and battery and the broken tie down and the case that is wearing out , is just no worth me putting out that kind of money

they are screwing me whether they know it or not...

when they work they have a great product, but that seems to be as far as they go.......customer service and support for their product seems to be in the crapper

I guess I should take it apart and try to fix it myself

That's old news on that board....but I did personally deal with Linda Colt...well, actually I emailed her that I was losing bottom readings in very shallow water and in thick weeds with my at that time brand new LMS 520C unit....without anything but that email she wrote back if I give her my address a new on will be on it's way.....5 days later I had a brand new unit and a tag to send my old unit back to them at NO COST to me....it didn't get any better than Linda.

Bob

we had issues with our x27, brand new and wasnt able to read bottom in anything over 40fow, took the unit down, with the transducer, told them I thought it was the transducer, said the unit itself worked fine. they did there little test, said that some of the settings had been changed and that was the problem the transducer was perfectly fine! 1 1/2 hours later, i get back home, instal the graph, go fishing! guess what. same problem! trying to get ahold of anyone at lowrance for customer service is an absolute nightmare! long long wait times! had to take the unit back again! they took the unit, did some more tests, tried to tell me it was the settings again. said they reset everything and everything was working perfectly fine! including the transducer! came home, went fishing, still the same problem! Dad got on the horn and started making phonecalls. after and hour long wait on the phone, he started punching in extention numbers just trying to get ahold of anyone possible! turns out he got ahold of the manager and had a good chat with him! the guy understood that we had basically been without the use of our graph for almost a month! he upgraded the unit to the x28 for us when we brought the unit back for the 3rd time!

got home and gee. guess what. new graph and the same thing was happening! loosing bottom over 40fow. took everything back and was going to leave it there and go buy something else! The guy gave us a new transducer, guess what, problem solved! now I love the graph, love lowrance products! but I truely believe there service SUCKS ASS! we didnt have the use of our graph, even though it was only 2 months old for over a month. wasnt impressed!

well the x67c worked great

right up to the point it broke

and I just can't justify spending another 250.00 on an old unit

when I can buy a brand new one for 80 bucks more

Edited by Terry

well the x67c worked great

It sure did. Is showed the crappies,coming right after our minnows.

To bad it broke down,but hey,maybe you can fish like they did in the old days? LOL J/K bud.

Edited by misfish