Orillia bad luck

Fang

Malcolm and I were off the 12th on Saturday out in no mans land. I got a really nice whitefish 6.5lbs early and then nothing for us the rest of the day. Missed a bunch and marked a bunch and that was just the start of the bad luck.3 miles from shore the belt on Malcolms ATV blows. I get a ride back to shore by Orillias version of Jeff Gordon- Wow 60km/hr over that rough ice siting on the back of a pick up tail gate did my rear end so much good. I could hardly walk when they guy dropped me off. I was so thankful for the ride though - great people up there to lend a hand to city folk.

To top it all off another group of guys (locals again) heard we were stranded and picked up they're sleigh and pulled the ATV back to shore. They wouldn't take a nickel from us even for a case of beer (which they seemed to have plenty of at their hut). My hat goes off to those guys for their help. Malcolms working on getting a new belt but I think we're done for the ice season now.

The best part was having to drive my Expedition down this mudslide to hook onto the winch cable on the first bike and pull that ATV and the the sleigh with Malcolms 600 on it back up the hill in reverse. I could hear the winch cable popping and straining and was afraid it was gonna come flying back through my front windsheild

I know it could have been alot worse for us if those guys had not come along. In fact it went pretty smooth and real fast once we got going. My truck a mess with the mud.

When I got home I found 2 broken rods, a broken spinning reel (BPS Pro Qualifier), 2 broken rod stands, my seat frame was bent (but repairable) and everything in my sleigh covered with mashed salted minnow slime. Seems my tupperware container smashed into a billion little pieces and those salties spread over everything. I had to set up my clam in the back yard and power wash the inside of the tent out. Hope I can get the smell out.

A fatty for sure. Go Team 4

DSCF9029.jpg

Geez, that sounds like our day out there :rolleyes:

But you got a fish and that makes it all worthwhile :thumbsup_anim:

I'm telling ya, my arms were so sore on Sunday from being a passenger on the snowmobile in that rough stuff. I think I pulled every muscle and tendon from hanging on so tight and hitting every bump. I can just imagine how your butt feels - Ouch :o

Joey

Could of been worse:) Everyone has those days where they say .. frig ice fishing :)

sounds like me last year... my Artic Crap Atv blew its belt into 1000 pieces 12 KMS from Shore!!!

Luckly Sly rescued me that day and i still got a coupe whities to boot !

WTG Paul! After all the bad stuff happening and still remembering to take a pic with the tourney sign...all I gotta say is that you're real trooper. And what a fatty that is!

A whitie is key in this tourney.

ya paul got a nice fish

but sucks for me atv broke down and the bill to pay for new belt 230$ and 60 for gasket hopefully nothing wrong with clutch. and no fish for out team joey been skunked three weekends in a row