CTC flyer

GBW

I have close connections to the Bowmanville store if I can help!

GBW my connection lives down the street from you! I'm going to drag my :asshat: out there sometime soon, but he keeps coming here to eat!

I recall as you told me when I was looking to buy something there before. I need a 2hp gas auger... ;)

Nothing in my Thursday Paper about fishing stuff. Normal CTC weekly flyer.... maybe the fishing one will come tomorrow. Nothing showing on line either...

Anything of interest??? Last year I went in the night before to get Terry's auger for him.. .already price changed in the cash register...

Okay.. I found the little corner of the flyer with fishing equipment. Guess no huts or power augers this year...considering it states Reg 2.49 to $349.99...

Poking through the pages online..

Looks like float suits are on 1/2 price

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/5/Sp...5252BSilver.jsp

Edited by irishfield

Irishfield is right.

there is nothing in the paper flyer about fishing.

There is, right in the very middle of the flyer in the top right corner. it's how I found it to post about it. the flyer I got had a "clearance" insert so if you didn't get that then I understand why you didn't see it. no, I don't work for CTC...

I wouldn't say they always disappoint torco.... So far I've got a 2 man Trekker hut at 1/2 price.. a 2HP jiffy 9" lightning auger at 1/2 price. Last year a 3HP x 10" auger for Terry at 1/2 price...

Agreed, CT can still be a great place to get good deals...I was hoping for an auger, as part of this sale...unfortunately not this week...the ice sale could still be coming, fingers crossed. How do you feel about your Trekker hut?

Agreed, CT can still be a great place to get good deals...I was hoping for an auger, as part of this sale...unfortunately not this week...the ice sale could still be coming, fingers crossed. How do you feel about your Trekker hut?

I'm happy with it. Third season now on it. Has a couple small holes in the hull.. but up high on the nose from hitting brush etc from going through portages and running 350 miles in some pretty tough lake conditions last March. I'd like a deeper sleigh.. but then again that's just more weight! Quick and easy to set up.. and take down. Probably 2 minutes to pack it up and move to the next spot.

Watch though... CTC is now selling the "adventurer".. in place of the true Trekker II. The adventurer comes with camp chairs... instead of the solid fold down seats of the Trekker.. and apparently no stretcher bars. If you get a 50% deal though don't hesitate to grab one (I will be for my neighbour at the lake).. the stretcher bars are easy to make... and many like sitting in lawn chairs vs the solid seats anyhow.

I wouldn't say they always disappoint torco.... So far I've got a 2 man Trekker hut at 1/2 price.. a 2HP jiffy 9" lightning auger at 1/2 price. Last year a 3HP x 10" auger for Terry at 1/2 price...

I am jealous those are good deals. I never seem to get any of those but I will be on the look out this year. Perhaps in the past I have got there late and everything good is gone.

I went by at lunch. It is only rod/reel combo's and they had one rod/reel on sale -Everything else is normal price.

Better to go up to Bass Pro or your local and pick up a better deal!

The ad is misleading!

But then again, it did bring my into the store, and I did end up spending $150 on stuff I probably don't need.

this is only a 50% off some rods and fishing items the good sale is yet to come

Yes it's yet to come as Terry says. Talked to the store owner today in Midland.. just a select few items on sale this week to draw people in. The lost leader sale so to speak.

I actually went to see him over it being "summer" in the store already.... I wanted a sled part! :angry:

I went to one of the CT stores today, wondering the same thing about the sale... and saw 1/2 price floater suits, but nothing else in the ice fishing section was on sale. I went to customer service and had one of the managers look on the computer at some of the ice fishing stuff to see if they would be on sale - he could not find anything...