Still another Tyler G2G report

motv8tr

Well yet another very successful day out at the park :thumbsup_anim: . The weather was amazing, allbeit a little on the chilly side when we first started out. Managed to meet a few new people, and say hello again to those I've met before. Things were a little disorganized early on, but the cooking crew and early arrivals were quick to get things sorted out and running smooth. Thanks you guys, even if I did have to move my car, or rather have it moved 4-5 times in 30 minutes ;) .

I'm going to post the few pics I have in the order of my taking them...I hope. I think they'll speak for themselves :rolleyes:

Beg Chev and Lady Walleye arrive in style

gallery_46_17_25807.jpg

Oops

gallery_46_17_24640.jpg

To the rescue

gallery_46_17_76526.jpg

Free at last

gallery_46_17_59753.jpg

Making the plan

gallery_46_17_27295.jpg

To eat eat first or not, that is the question

gallery_46_17_47183.jpg

1928 Snow Machine

gallery_46_17_12447.jpg

Winning Perch

gallery_46_17_10904.jpg

Man of the hour

gallery_46_17_8409.jpg

Unfortunately that is all the pictures I was able to take, it seems I was a little distracted the rest of the day :D . We had a good turn out with 66 people registered for fishing, and many others just looking for some tastey food...unless they just liked the cooks and needed an excuse to come back ;) If I remember correctly, last year we were able to raise a total of close to 3000.00, including the auction.

Yesterday the totals came to 528.96 for the food.

1860.00 for entry/donations

2388.96 Total for one great day of fishing

I can't tell you all how much this day means to Tyler's family, not sure there are words available. I will save my thanks for another post.

A BIG thanks goes to you as well! Bly and I (and our 4 yr old daughter) had a great time out there. It was very well organized and all the volunteers were friendly and very helpful. The weather was great and everyone I saw there had a smile on their face. We'll be back at next years Fishing for Tyler event...thats for sure! Thanks again!

Cliff, Carole (bly) and Sydney

Thank you Moe, again you did an excellent job. Also I'd like to thank all those who donated prizes, everyone left with a prize. Excellent totals, hopefully the auction will surpass last years totals.

John

im glad to hear everyone had a great time ,and like it was said before it was for a great cause and you guys raised alot of money for their family...congrats to all the anglers and volinteres,....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: and the little guy that caught the winning fish,well the pic says it all.... :clapping:

Thanks again to you Maureen, and to the volunteers, contributors, and participants too! I enjoyed reading every one of the reports with more than a little envy.

PatB ( aka Jack Daniels ) just dropped off my prize ( !?!) at my place, a helluva great guy. Thanks, Pat.

Maureen, I am really sorry I couldn't make it on Sat., but a visit from my daughter and grandkids quickly changed my plans. Next year I'll be there come hell or high water.

From the posts I've seen and talking to Cliff it sounds like it was a great and successful day. Kudos to you and all your helpers, donators, fisher people and eaters that made the day turn out as well as it did.

Herb

Maureen, I am really sorry I couldn't make it on Sat., but a visit from my daughter and grandkids quickly changed my plans. Next year I'll be there come hell or high water.

From the posts I've seen and talking to Cliff it sounds like it was a great and successful day. Kudos to you and all your helpers, donators, fisher people and eaters that made the day turn out as well as it did.

Herb

:thumbsup_anim: I would like to thank all of the cooks that I was part of, Big Cliff, Roger (bassman) & RJ what a crew we were... Thanks for the Honor Maureen...great sharing the ride with you Gerritt, you kept me awake on the ride home :sleeping_02: Great meeting up with many great friends again to make this cause a success again.. Joey & Paul, Ron & daughter Stephanie, Chuck & Shelly,Irishfield, Cory & Heather (great seeing you both again) Beans,Terry, Arron Surley, Cliff & Bly & Daughter, Clampet & wife,TonyB (chicken was great) If I missed anyone I'm Sorry As I think I was having as much fun as Maureen and the rest of the COOKS were :clapping: Hope to see everyone there again next year.. Whens the next B.B.Q. :rolleyes::stretcher:

Thats how I felt when I got home last night

Edited by Loonietoon

Well that about sums it up in a nut shell!

I/we had a great time at the Fishing for Tyler. The food was great, hats off to the cooking gooroos Kelvin, JR and Big Cliff. If anyone is interested in a smoker, you have got to talk to JR. That did a fantastic job keeping everything piping hot. Maureen, another gang buster day, I'm glad you put the effort to organize such an event. Public awareness for Autism and especially raising money for one particular child that has fallen through the cracks is enough of an incentive all on itself. My hats off to you.

It was nice to see the turnout to support a person in need. For everyone who took the time and effort, I thank you. This is not only for the volunteers who helped set up and organize everything, this also goes to the fine fisher people who made the effort to help support such a fine worthy cause.

My daughter was ecstatic to have won first place, when she entered her fish, the first thing she wanted to do was to go see the prize table. Stephanie was envisioning everything she could pick, not expecting to be the first to choose! When her name was called for the "Grand Prize Winner", it didn't take her long to grab up the fishing rod combo! Any more rods, and Steph will have just as many as her Dad! LOL The other highlight for her was to see her smiling face on the A channel.

Once again, I would like to give thanks to Motv8r for setting up such a great event.

Edited by Ron