post your homemade lures that are for sale

aplumma

The premise of this if you are a seller:

If you have a lure/lures that you have made and wish to sell them/show them off then post a picture and a price for the lure. When it sells then edit it as sold.

If you are a buyer

then send a P.M. or an E mail to the poster and exchange information as to the sale.

READ ME :

This is not designed for mass produced or volume sales. If you do have that in mind Please contact T.J. or one of the Mods for advertisment rates. You will get the respect of the Board members as a stand up guy and your sales will be greater.

This does not have anything to do with the website and is not being policed by anyone. If you do decide to sell/ barter/trade it is between you and the other member make sure that the payment and the shipping of the merchandise is carried out and that you pay for the item. If this works then we might be able to get a section dedicated to this thread. If a transaction falls thru it is buyer beware the MODS and OWNER will not respond to any complaints. SO please everyone do what is correct and hopefully we will have some nice friendships develop and some one of a kind lures.

Art

Edited by aplumma

no.... no.. hidden motive or requests from friends/etc. I am actually looking for the garage hobbyist who made them in the ice season. I have seen a few talented makers and have collected lures from them over the years. If someone is mass producing or expects to have volume sales then yup they need to advertise for sure. I Know some of the best lures I have used came to me as gifts and I have always returned the gift with one that makes them as happy as they made me.

BTW if you have a lure that you wish to sell because you are proud of it I might be able to find it a good home I am sure T.J. won't blackball us.

Art

I think we pretty well know who the production guys are. It could be an interesting thread. Whether anyone buys or not, we could at least drool over someone's talent. If there are to be any transactions, it would be preferable that they be carried out by personal message or email.

I have a good friend on the board that made this musky bait for me....

suick.JPG

I used on my first musky venture to Eagle Lake a few years back and was determined to get a fish on it which would have been my first musky. While it did produce the only fish for the 4 days a friend and I worked the lake, alas it was not a musky but rather a pike. None the less I was happy it caught a fish! I'll also state that it did raise several musky that seemed very interested in the colour pattern, the only other single lure to garner as much interest was a black suick.

It's solidly built and if he wants to take credit for it, he can. :)

suick.JPG

I used on my first musky venture to Eagle Lake a few years back and was determined to get a fish on it which would have been my first musky. While it did produce the only fish for the 4 days a friend and I worked the lake, alas it was not a musky but rather a pike. None the less I was happy it caught a fish! I'll also state that it did raise several musky that seemed very interested in the colour pattern, the only other single lure to garner as much interest was a black suick.

I will fess up it was one of the first group of lures I made Chris. I have a new one for you and will bring it up to Lak Air for you.

Art

I have seen a few of your lures Joey and would be proud to own a perch colored with a pair of brass willow blades. Will you deliver to Lak Air this year? I am pretty sure I can find something that you want from the Stated.

Art

suick.JPG

Its just a suick without eyes.

Actually it looks like the eyes were painted over.

Edited by xeon

Its just a suick without eyes.

Actually it looks like the eyes were painted over.

Yup you caught me their little XERON I can't pull the wool over your eyes their. Jackass

Now if you knew me you would never have made that statement. If you had held the lure in your hands you would have see were I had started off with a piece of red cedar in block form and then whittled it into the likeness of a suick. You would have seen the 3 base coats of white then a coat of green with glitter then a transparent blue layered over the top. The tailfin was cut out by hand and mounted with screws. I think I have around 6 fun filled hours into that "repainted suick". I can not put a price on that lure because the only people that will get one of them are my best friends. Something you will never have to worry about.

Art

...whittled it into the likeness of a suick....

So then it is basically a copied suick like I said... but, it doesn't have eyes and looks like they were painted over.

Don't worry about giving me one because I'm not your "friend", I can buy one and peel the eyes off myself.

I took advice from some people on here earlier in the year and started making my own rabbit fur jigs and marabou jigs !now these arent no 6 hour hand carved pieces work but they do catch fish LOL

bunnyjigs025.jpg

Great work bud, for me the one above is MINT... love the colouring, nice natural shillouette.