Annual winter trip.

Bernie

Hi folks. Here is a quick rundown of our fishing weekend, the others will add more in.

The photos are from CCMT and myself here.

Ger may be a little groggy in this pic, it was pretty early. :rolleyes:

P1030253.jpg

Sitting back and relaxing.

P1030257.jpg

I did behave, but being the old guy in the group I needed an afternoon powernap.

DSCN0111.jpg

Hey, there were some fish caught. :D And no, it isn't the same one. :P

DSCN0098.jpg

DSCN0100.jpg

DSCN0122.jpg

well this one isn't really a fish, but it does show we were trying. :blink:

DSCN0117.jpg

Will brought up his no-name sled ;)

Will.jpg

These two have never had the chance to jam together so we had a real treat.

I love live music !!! (sorry about the poor quality, did it with my digital camera)

th_P1030232.jpg

The end of the day. Hope you enjoy them.

DSCN0118.jpg

Edited by Bernie

LOL! Where was I when they were playing ? :dunno:;) Did you not take a video of that one song they played?? Went something like.... I got soul but I'm not a soldier..

Or the 3 takes of Brown Eye Girl? LOL

Again another great weekend @ Bernies!

But sadly we starved.. there was NO food... I blame Bill.. As he was not there to defend himself..

I thought we made a pact! My Mudpuppy was not caught!.. I whistled for it and it came!

Yet another winter trip where additional bonds were made, Laughs were had.... and some fish were caught...

it is amazing how a motley crew of fellas can get together every 3 months with little day to day contact... and just be... as if we had just seen one another yesterday.. That says something..

Anyways guys thanks again for another great weekend!

Ohhh and Bill...... How's you're mom? did you happen to see the change on her night table? just so you know.... that was her tip! LOL.. yes you came up a couple of times brother.. hope all is well..

Now... to sweat out all the alcohol I consumed....

G.

Solo, Cliff is alive and well, he finally caught a pickereye while icefishing !

Chris, you will have to make the trip soon.

Thank you Joey, we always have a great time.

Roy it is becoming a traditional get together, we have jelled into a fun loving group of fishermen.

Even more than annual TJ. Two or three times in a year. Like I said, we do enjoy the good times together.

:thumbsup_anim:

Had a blast as usual guys! The highlights as I see them...

1. Friday night is Gerritt's night to cook... he decides to make a family recipe called "Sophisticated Meat balls". So he has pre-made 5 lbs of ground beef into fist sized meat balls! He adds them to the biggest stock pot Bernie has in the kitchen... then he adds 10 pounds of Kraft Cream cheese, and what looked like 10 cans of Cream of Mushroom soup and in the oven for some time to get everyting moving... served on a bed of noodles! I've asked Gerritt to let me know next time he expect to make this dish, I'll be buying stock in Kraft foods! (Yah, I ate 5 meatballs! LOL)

2. Fishin was tough, but I still laugh at the one Pickereye I caught Friday evening... drilled a hole in what would have been 5ft of water, but when you have almost 2ft of ice, I was actually only fishin just under 3 feet of water!I got a bite, set the hook and reeled up, only to have the hook come out! A little disapointed, I looked down the hole and who is staring back a me, Mr. Pickereye! It seems that I had reeled it up the ice! The hole was not big enough for the fish to turn and head back down, so I ripped my glove off, grabbed it by the head and flipped it onto the ice! Would have amde a great pic, of me staring down the hole only to have the Pickereye staring back at me! LOL

3. Really glad you could make it Cliff!

4. Will, can we stop for a smoke! :P

5. Bernie, thanks for outfitting me in the bunky! Best sleep I've had in a long time!

Can't wait till the spring!

HH

PS... here's a tip for anyone that will be getting together with Gerritt... if he offers you some pickled sausage....RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Jacques.

I have to give credit for where it is due. That last pic struck me as a good one too.

That was one of Cliffs pictures. He has a very good eye for a photogenic capture.

He took several others that were well done.

I am hoping he will get the chance to show them to us all here.

Glad you had a good time fellas! But how couldn't you?? We thought about you guys only having the weekend and were worried that you had the same bite shutdown we went through from Friday on when the sun came out. Monday to Thursday was wild though.... snow/sleat and FISH !

Joe caught a fish !!!

Hey Bernie, is this any better??

Will_skidoo.jpg

:lol::lol:

An awesome time gentlemen as always. Even if the fishing wasn't the best the company made up for it 10 fold! As Bernie was talking about on the weekend, if it wasn't for the internet and this fishing board we would have never met. It had been about 5 months since our last trip to Bernie's and it felt like it was just like it was yesterday. We didn't miss a beat. (Well I think Joe did while trying to keep up to Cliff during the jam session. :P )

Great report Bernie, thanks for putting it together. By the time we had stopped for a 1/2 a dozen smoke breaks, got rid of the 2 bums that were riding with me :P , is was a little late. To top it off the dog got sprayed by a skunk while I was unloading. Good times! :rolleyes: Tonight's 2 and 3/4 hour commute home was even better! AND I finally had to shovel snow, first time this winter!! No time for me to have done a report in the last 24 hours so once again, thanks.

Cliff - Awesome that you could make it and even catch a pickereye. No one more deserving of this over the weekend. You've certainly put in enough hours. Now we'll have to work on the whitefish. ;)

Joe - A blast as always. Next time we'll get some nicorette gum for Gerritt for the drive. :D BTW - Have I told you that......I've got soul but I'm not a soldier??

Gerritt - It's all about pacing yourself. Thanks for the CD but I've had enough of a certain song to last me a while. lol! Let me know if you want me to ship it to you or just wait till spring. I have a few other items to get back to you Joe and Cliff as well, I'll be in touch.

Thanks again for putting up with us cuties Bernie. ( Got to love word censors) You're a good man B.