Hard Water Fishing - Father Daughter Duo Style

Leecher

Today was my day off work and so is Melissa from school...... so the plan was to hit my favorite lake to see if we could get my daughter into her first walleye.... but first..... the details LOL

When I got up, temperature was -12C and no wind B) Left home at 6:30am, made a detour to Tims for some hot refreshments, then gaz for the car and the way we go.... destination Lac St-Marie B) Got to destination at 7:30am, temperature was -20C up there :w00t: drove on the ice and made a beeline for my honey hole.

Drilled 5 holes and ice was 16"+ thick. Was in about 12' fow over a weed bed, rigged 3 set lines with dead minnows and since Melissa now has her own jigging rod, rigged it with her favorite lure that she caught her first pike last season, Mr. Champ type spoon and minnow head. I on the other hand had a Buck Shot tipped with a minnow head.

First fish to land on ice was from Melissa's end on the jigging rod... a whopper 14"+ perch :w00t: PB FOR HER B) Never seen a perch that big..... that right there made for a very good start. But alas Melissa did not hook into an eye but she did get another 12" perch on a set line B)

She kicked my butt today and I'm very happy that it happen..... cause that means she will look forward to our next outing together :)

It was a great time spend on the hard stuff for both of us today... didn't get any golden but my daughter sure got some whoppers :D

All fish were CPVR'd and you probably noticed the V in there..... yes have live release footage of all of them B)

So without further adieu.... here's the video I made of our time out on the hard stuff

Enjoy

Leechman

She could have cut that one into Steaks !!

Great day out for you both!!

Ohhhh you bet Wayne.... that thing was a beast, we could of..... major spawner, so we both decided to release it :)

Nice video, Family, friends and the great outdoors that is what it is all about. Congratulations to you both.

Thanks mr blizzard!!! It sure is what it's all about :canadian:

Another daughter coming out and showing Daddy how it's done.

Like my Anna would never do that to me

She sure did Bruce :blush: I trained her well ;)

mother of all mother perch

all hail the biggest perch that ever lived.

3 cheers for melissa and for jaques.

Thanks Kevin!!! Never seen a perch this big before :w00t: and after it was said and done.... she got back to business :w00t:B)

14" is huge....congrads, like the video style report also man!

Thanks Mike!!! The song choices was all my daughters favorite lyrics and I like it too ;) ..... I guess I have some influence over the tracks / mp3 she listens to :)

nice going

always great to get out with the kids

Thanks Terry!!! It sure was a blast B)

Looks like a great father/daughter day out!! Once I find my hard water honey hole (0 for 2 and trying again tomorrow) I think I'll do that with one of my daughters.

Congrats to Melissa on the awesome perch! :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks Jay!!! I know all about the skunkin, keep at it and bring your young'un..... great times spent on the hard stuff no question ask.... when you get into some.... bonus COOL and they usually catch the biggest which is awesome to experience :D

Dude!!!... I've got one of those hats!!!... 'cept it never gets cold enough to wear it around here, gotta B 52 bomber shearling jacket that I never wear too because it's too hot... guess I should visit Canada more eh!???

Great vid and Melissa is a cutie... she must take after her Momma eh? ;)

Nice perch, gotta love those jumbos

I have to say though Leechman, I would not have thought you would be a Disturbed fan. Personally I think their great, seen them 5 times in concert. Nice video for sure.

What a monster perch. Great Video, I love Disturbed.

Joey

Thanks Joey!!!

Dude!!!... I've got one of those hats!!!... 'cept it never gets cold enough to wear it around here, gotta B 52 bomber shearling jacket that I never wear too because it's too hot... guess I should visit Canada more eh!???

Great vid and Melissa is a cutie... she must take after her Momma eh? ;)

Thanks Glen!!! Yes ya definitely should :)

My two girls are lovely looking for sure :P

Nice perch, gotta love those jumbos

I have to say though Leechman, I would not have thought you would be a Disturbed fan. Personally I think their great, seen them 5 times in concert. Nice video for sure.

Thanks Dutchy!!! Disturbed has some awesome songs for sure B)

nice work. I could not help thinking how good those perch would have tasted.

Thanks Chris!!! I would keep some but up here, seemed to be infested with parasites :o You can actually see them in and around the gill and near their tails..... that's why I released them :)

Thanks Chris!!! I would keep some but up here, seemed to be infested with parasites :o You can actually see them in and around the gill and near their tails..... that's why I released them :)

Well I am glad that you answered that question before I had a chance to ask [why you let them go?].

It warms my heart to see fathers and children get out anywhere together, but fishing in particular. Thanks for taking the time to post it Jacques.

I also love the way you speak French to her and English to us (I am not sure why, but I am in awe of people that have that talent).

It is posts like this one that make this board great.

Jim

Edited by Radnine

Well I am glad that you answered that question before I had a chance to ask [why you let them go?].

It warms my heart to see fathers and children get out anywhere together, but fishing in particular. Thanks for taking the time to post it Jacques.

I also love the way you speak French to her and English to us (I am not sure why, but I am in awe of people that have that talent).

It is posts like this one that make this board great.

Jim

Thanks Jim for your kind comments :thumbsup_anim: much appreciated B)

I love posting reports of our outings together and it's no exception, this one was awesome B):)

As for the languages speaking..... we speak both at home and Melissa is getting better at understanding and speaking.... living so close to Ontario borders, bilingualism is a must for us :)

Thanks again Jim!!!

p.s. If you want I could start posting reports in French ;):lol:

Wow that is one monster perch. Thanks for putting that video together. It put a smile on my face. WTG!

Thanks hammercarp!!! First time seeing a big one like that.... she beat my PB by 2" :w00t:B)