Night shift

mossyoak_ontario

Alternated between day & night shifts for 33 years but have been enjoying the good life for close to a decade now, but still enjoy the early morning part of the day the best.

Same here, alternating 12 hour days and nights, seven days a week for the best part of thirty years , then got on a Monday to Friday job 7-3 and 3-11 for the 4 years. Retired now too, wish I could have had internet access to pass the slow times at work :D Believe me and Lew, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

I cram my 40 hour work week into 3 days, Mon-Wed each week including 2 night shifts.

Many weeks I don't sleep from Mon morning when I wake up 'till late Wed night.

That leaves me Thurs-Sun off each week.

Lots of free time but I'm paying a price. I think I've ages 10 years since I started doing it. :)

I've never had a problem with the night shift. Work 12 hour shifts 7-7,rotating days and nights. When we lived close to Lake Ontario I used to get home in the morning make a coffee or grab a beer... whichever mood I was in... and head down to the lake with the dogs. Let them run around on the beach while I sat back and relaxed and watched the world wake up. It was a routine I really enjoyed.

Over 30 years of rotating shifts for me, days, afternoons and nights. Then came the 12 hour shifts about 10 years ago, flip from nights to days and back again every week. That's tiring!

As I get older I like the nights less and less but the 12 hour shifts do allow for more time off which is good. :) Don't think I'd ever want to go back to an 8 hour, 3 shift pattern.

Over 30 years of rotating shifts for me, days, afternoons and nights. Then came the 12 hour shifts about 10 years ago, flip from nights to days and back again every week. That's tiring!

As I get older I like the nights less and less but the 12 hour shifts do allow for more time off which is good. :) Don't think I'd ever want to go back to an 8 hour, 3 shift pattern.

Same with me Chris. For now I am stuck on 8's...days and afternoons only. But we maybe going back to the 12's. I'm praying for it. Loved the extra days off...and only having to work 2 or 3 days in a row between days off.

I cram my 40 hour work week into 3 days, Mon-Wed each week including 2 night shifts.

Many weeks I don't sleep from Mon morning when I wake up 'till late Wed night.

That leaves me Thurs-Sun off each week.

Lots of free time but I'm paying a price. I think I've ages 10 years since I started doing it. :)

Did you by any chance start doing this 10 years ago?

JF

I worked n/s at the mine 7 to 3 for years and went home at 4 in the morning. Lived on an island so I enjoyed the boat ride at dawn. June, and September were the nicest times of the year due to the morning fogs and late sunrises which extended dawn by an hour or so. The colors on the water and sky were phenomenal.