Camping?

eze76

Heyy peoples :D lol.

im planning a camping trip for this coming spring and summer. i dont want it to be a campground. kinda want backroad camping or however u call it :P

maybe riverside?

and definitely has to have good fishing.

Any ideas would help out alot :D

Do you have a boat? If you do Captain Allen Strait on the moon river system is awsome...10 bucks a night per person...beach front campsites with fire pit, picnic table, grill and raised platforms for the tent...I was there in July and it was amazing fantastic fishing, beer and liquor store right in the marina not 5 mins away by boat and 4 different lake acesses without ever pulling your boat out of the water!! It's about 3 hours from Toronto maybe not even...Had a great trip there and will be returning this spring/summer for sure...look into it I got my pb musky the one in the pic...we landed over a 100 largemouth and plenty of pike not to mention a 5 lb smallie and a 35 lb cat!!! Sold me!!

If you want to experience camping at its finest, you can bring the canoes and explore the Magnetawan River. You can choose from various routes depending on how long you have to paddle. There are several breathtaking loops that will bring you back to where you came from. There's very little chance that you will ever intersect with other campers. It's like your own little paradise. You have to be really prepared for this trip, because unfortunately there will be no crying for help out there. Can can look online to see what I'm talking about, or PM me if you would like more info. I have spent my lifetime in that area.

Do you have a boat? If you do Captain Allen Strait on the moon river system is awsome...10 bucks a night per person...beach front campsites with fire pit, picnic table, grill and raised platforms for the tent...I was there in July and it was amazing fantastic fishing, beer and liquor store right in the marina not 5 mins away by boat and 4 different lake acesses without ever pulling your boat out of the water!! It's about 3 hours from Toronto maybe not even...Had a great trip there and will be returning this spring/summer for sure...look into it I got my pb musky the one in the pic...we landed over a 100 largemouth and plenty of pike not to mention a 5 lb smallie and a 35 lb cat!!! Sold me!!

This

No boat yet your going to fish and expect great fishing within 3hrs of Toronto with cheap camping some peoples expextations are freaking hilarious. Rent a canoe The Mass is canoeable

Haha.

Good fishing for me isnt catching the biggest fish.... its just the point of going out and catching something.

well, im too lazy to read all of the posts on here, so i'll give my suggestion. there is alot of camping to be done up here in sault ste. marie with great fishing. there is riverside camping and lake side camping. to get the real good spots a 4 wheel drive pick up would do best but the ones that are accesable by van/car are great too. i've been to the spots myself for a day trip, with alright fishing but theres no real big ones. their quiet with great surroundings. some super nice waterfalls to boot. some river sections have to be fished with artificial flies which is easy even with a normal spin cast rod. caught a 18" speck on the east goulais river with a artificial bumble bee on a spin cast rod. anyhow you can PM me for more info.

Good Luck in making up your mind, lol.

JP

This sounds great. Is there a website i can get more information?

well, im too lazy to read all of the posts on here, so i'll give my suggestion. there is alot of camping to be done up here in sault ste. marie with great fishing.

JP

Well if you weren't so lazy it would have taken you less time to read the thread responses than make a reply when the request was within 3 hours of Toronto. :rolleyes:

There is a website but you wont get much more from it, in fact maybe less :lol: My wife and I have done the park numerous times but normally west of Capt Allen, Sharpe Island out to Moon Island. If your interested in going book early the campsites book up quickly!

Well if you weren't so lazy it would have taken you less time to read the thread responses than make a reply when the request was within 3 hours of Toronto. :rolleyes:

maybe your right... but i read the within 3 hours of toronto. sometimes to get some great experiances you gotta look beyond 3 hours, haha.

There is a website but you wont get much more from it, in fact maybe less :lol: My wife and I have done the park numerous times but normally west of Capt Allen, Sharpe Island out to Moon Island. If your interested in going book early the campsites book up quickly!

Could you provide the contact information of this park? I'm interested as well.

Thanks and Cheers!

Algonquin Park, access point 17 into crotch/shall/booth lakes. Its canoe-in sites but you don't have to be more than 15-20 mins from your car. Good smb and pike fishing. Lakers if you go early (or deep later in the year).

Outfitter right at the entrance called alonquin outfitters or something. You can google it.

Go back country camping with a canoe is the way to go. Its affordable to rent a canoe from one of the many great outfitters around. i suggest you visit myccr.com for trip planning ideas/help. If you are planning on going to an operating park like Algonquin Park, it maybe worthwhile to book you route in advance so you are not disappointed.

Some of the best fishing of my life was a 3hr canoe ride into a fly in fishing lake off of the pickeral river system.

Tightline is right, look no more and plan. Ive been there about a dozen times when I was posted the one year in Borden before I got out. Its fairly secluded campsites meaning if your going to visit another site you have to Bush Whack or swim. Don't cheap out and borrow or rent a Canoe. In the strait is quite protected from the winds. I like some of the sites because there is great night fishing from shore because of the drop offs. Find a Map and book.