The Best Instant Coffee Ever

solopaddler

Starbucks introduced an instant coffee that's really quite amazing. It tastes exactly like fresh brewed, and I'm pretty fussy about my coffee.

I'd never use it on a regular basis, but for canoeing and backpacking where every single ounce of weight and space is at a premium it's a fantastic product.

This was the first year ever I didn't bring either a percolator or a french press into the bush with me and I didn't miss either one.

If you're a coffee drinker and are anal about the weight of your pack you should try it. :)

http://www.starbucks.com/via

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

thanks for the helpup. i've been laughed at before in the park because i had carried a glass bodum several km's wrapped in socks so i could have fresh coffee... i'm going to have to try this. i'm not normally a starbucks fan, but i'm DEFINITELY not into most instants so i'll try it out.

when i saw the topic, i thought "I hope he's talking about the starbucks stuff..."

that coffee is excellent. from what i understand, it is just very fine grinds. i wonder if one can make it themselves without having to drink "sludge". if I'm not mistaken, you pay ~$1.00/packet for the Starbucks instant... a little pricey, but it depends on how you value your coffee

An anal coffee drinker.... gotta be a joke in there somewhere.....

I'm as innocent as the driven snow. You on the other hand have a filthy mind. :D

(Excuse me, I have a lightning bolt to dodge)

Maxwell house has a instant coffee that is like a tea bag give it a try I think you will like it.

Yech! It's disgusting.

I had to bring a french press when we portaged into Algonquin :) Not that I can complain to much, that first coffee in the morning was awesome.

Mike, don't forget one for the trip in June! lol

Which trip? There's like 18 different coffee makers in the Kichen at the Attawapiskat camp. :)

If we do a May Speck trip I'll be bringing the Starbucks instant.

I agree mike. I had it when it first came out as a promo with a cup of bought coffee and it was great, convient to bring along anywhere. Now if it only increased fish catching properties.....................

Edited by spawn

Sounds like it is worth a try for next years camping...thanks for the heads up. Someone said a buck a pack, pricey compared to others, but, we don't hesitate to pay more than that for a Timmies. Considering pretty much all the instants I have ever taken camping taste pretty much like.........I will give it a shot.

Now hang on a minute...

I always thought camp coffee was only supposed to come in one flavor?....the "strong, nasty, kick your teeth in wake your butt up quick" Blend?

You know, the stuff thats bitter enough to keep your mind off the sore muscles you have....everywhere?

Non of this pammperd sit in a lazyboy with a magazine in one hand and double caramel latte in the other....?

:lol:

An anal coffee drinker.... gotta be a joke in there somewhere.....

Hahaha! I think the joke is all these guys bringing their fancy french pressed

boodum coffee machines into the bush with them. B)

Kind of like those women that 'just have to have' their make-up kits and hair dryers with them to go camping. :lol:

Just saying.... :canadian:

Kind of like those women that 'just have to have' their make-up kits and hair dryers with them to go camping. :lol:

I have to agree with solopaddler, about having a decent coffee even when roughing it:

a good coffee is as important as having a quality rod and reel on those fly ins or interior trips in into Algonquin, most of these guys won't think twice about spending thousands on fishing or hunting equipment .... I wouldn't ccompare them to women with make-up kits ... LOL

I bring in an a single cup espresso machine that goes on the burner and makes a helluva coffee , i have a few of those everyday ,,, and it packs real nice .....

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i'd go without a toothbrush before i'd go without a good cup of coffee.