Fishing for Tyler

TJQ

Hi Everyone,

Winterfest is being held the same weekend at Innisfil Beach Park so there will be lots for the kids to do. There is a big hill for tobogganing as well as the ice rink.

We have been asked by Town Council to please park in the two parking lots on the left hand side BEFORE the boat launch. This is so that if emergency vehicles need to get to anyone we are not blocking the boat launch with cars. Tickets will be given out if cars are parked in no parking areas. :glare: This also gives us more room in the boat launch area for the BBQ as well.

I have a meeting with the Deputy Mayor and park staff on Friday and they will be providing me with all the details so if you are unsure of where to park or have questions Tyler's father (Terry) and I will be down at the boat launch and will show you where it is safe to park.

Thanks,

Elisa

I'm happy to report that there are Whitefish out off Innisfil Park in deeper water (80feet and deeper for me) I've been marking many on the sonar but they are being very, very finicky, patience and focus will be rewarded though!

IMG_0010Medium-4.jpg

IMG_0011Medium-7.jpg

IMG_0126Medium.jpg

IMG_0129Medium.jpg

My wife even coaxed one into biting with the help of the sonar

IMG_0005Medium-5.jpg

Good luck to all this weekend! See you Saturday :)

Tony

Just a friendly reminder to anyone who has collected prizes who would like company names or individual names placed on a sign for recognition and thanks at the fundraiser to please let me know. Deadline for names will be 10am Friday morning! If there is an individual that has help in any way that should be on the sign as well, that you think I might not know about, please let me know as I don't want to miss anyone. You can PM me or email me at [email protected].

There will also be a silent auction at the derby this year!!! We are auction off a Lakair Lodge Package and a charter from Sir-Catch-a-lot. I will provide details in another post tomorrow and how the silent auction will run. If anyone has a prize that they think will work well as a silent auction item please let me know.

Thanks everyone!

Elisa

Just a heads up to the lack of Minnows in that area most shops are dry , so i would plan on finding some else where, not sure if this was brought up yet to anyone if so please ignore me LOL

Good luck to everyone !! wish i could go but some one has to work

Hey there guys! I just managed to wiggle out of work tommorow! I was weondering if anyone had room for one more? Im in Brantford and would love to car pool with somone? I can aslo drive just looking to share costs with somone to run the Hemi. Lots of minnows here I can easily pick some up and run the bubler in the pail.. Please if anyone has an empty seat in thier truck or if anyone wants to split on running the big red ram let me know! I have never fished for whites before, is that all thats in there? I cant belive I managed to wiggle out of work, now if only I could find somone to go with...lol last min i know

Scratch that..I just called about minnows and there are none to be had from here to lake simcoe. Or so she says...

Just another quick note..To anyone out of Hamilton fishing world has a fresh shipment in of minnows about a half hour ago! Open at 5am sat morn

Edited by tb4me

Hi Everyone,

I don't know if TJ will have time to post the two Silent Auction items that will be at the Fundraiser on Saturday. I unfortunate had trouble getting it to him. We have had power outages in Alcona for two evenings now.

The Silent Auction will be run from 7am till about 2pm. We will announce that the auction is closing and announce the winner as soon as the prizes are all raffled off. WINNER WILL PAY FOR AND RECEIVE AUCTION ITEM AT THE FUNDRAISER.

Item 1) is a 2 night cabin accommodation for 2 people, and a 2 day boat and motor rental in the month of September at LAKAIR LODGE. Generously donated by Leslie and Kevin Cameron of Lakair Lodge. [email protected]

Item 2) is a four hour charter with Steve Rowbotham of SIR CATCH-A-LOT Professional Guiding Services on Lake Simcoe any weeknight (4pm - 8pm) between May 1 - September 30, 2010. Choice of bass, whitefish, perch or pike. Generously donated by Steve Rowbotham.

Any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Elisa

It sounds like Kelvin (Loonietunes4evr) is doing taxi service as well on Saturday. Well done.

Kelvin, I will bring a propane stove and 20 lb tank along with 2 covered roasting pans. This will help us with the keeping it hot all day plan. Also, oven mitts, tongs and a flipper, garbage bags, Al foil , and a fireplace type shovel for your lump charcoal fires all day.

Hey there guys! I just managed to wiggle out of work tommorow! I was weondering if anyone had room for one more? Im in Brantford and would love to car pool with somone? I can aslo drive just looking to share costs with somone to run the Hemi. Lots of minnows here I can easily pick some up and run the bubler in the pail.. Please if anyone has an empty seat in thier truck or if anyone wants to split on running the big red ram let me know! I have never fished for whites before, is that all thats in there? I cant belive I managed to wiggle out of work, now if only I could find somone to go with...lol last min i know

Scratch that..I just called about minnows and there are none to be had from here to lake simcoe. Or so she says...

Just another quick note..To anyone out of Hamilton fishing world has a fresh shipment in of minnows about a half hour ago! Open at 5am sat morn

Save your self the extra drive,Bills bait in hamilton supplies their minnows,they will have more and open at the same time.Tell Tim or Greg,Vinny sent you.

Hi Everyone,

We are very excited to announce the success of the 6th Annual Fishing for Tyler Fundraiser held yesterday at the Innisfil Beach Boat Launch.

Here are the tallies:

BBQ $576.89

Silent Auction $350.00

Registration $2,220.00

Early donations $2,085.00

Grand total: $5,231.89

We had a turnout of 170 people that registered.

What an amazing day! Thank you again to Maureen for starting this fundraiser 6 years ago. Without her, yesterday's success wouldn't have been possible. Thanks to TJ, our BBQ Kings Loonietoon and DouG, Vinnimon, Big Chev 4X4, Aile Goby, Icedude, Sir Catch-A-Lot, Lakair Lodge, Tonyb, Kickingfrog and Aaron Shirley.

I will be sending out personal thank you cards shortly and would appreciate it if anyone who donated items and would like their contributors to be thanked, could let me know who they are with their addresses and I will be sure to send them one. Anyone from the OFC that helped, please forward to me your address so I can send you one as well. We appreciate all the help we received and what people to know it!

Thank you everyone! Your support has meant so much to us,

Elisa, Terry, Tyler and Tiffany French