Fishing for Tyler

TJQ

Looks like Tylers parents are gonna take a shot at putting the event on, on the 20th. They are gonna need some help putting it together, They are gonna register and get on the board.

Who can help??

When Tylers Mother got a hold of me, she said it was going to be the weekend of the Spring Fishing Show Feb 13/10 at Innisfil so I would check 1st as I told them it would be tought to get people out like the problem Maureen had last year. I hope it is for the 20th that way I can attend as usual.

When Tylers Mother got a hold of me, she said it was going to be the weekend of the Spring Fishing Show Feb 13/10 at Innisfil so I would check 1st as I told them it would be tought to get people out like the problem Maureen had last year. I hope it is for the 20th that way I can attend as usual.

The 20th it is.... :D

I hope that you get in touch with Tyler's mother because she was saying the 13 of Feb because she wanted to know what would be needed for the BBQ's

From what I here down the grape vine she will be registering with OFC shortly and we will be able to comunicate with her through the board to help with the event... :D

Hi everyone, it is Tyler's Mom here.

After ironing out a few kinks with TJ, we will definitely be holding the 6th Annual Fishing for Tyler Fundraiser on February 20th! It will be held at the Innisfil Beach Boat Launch and registration is at 7am and measurements will end at 1pm. We are planning on having a BBQ lunch as well. It will be run the same way Maureen always has just with members of Tyler's family doing the organizing. Please know that we have never done this before, that is why there were some kinks, but we will do our best to have a great day for everyone! Maureen has done an amazing job over the past 5 years and we are very greatful to her.

There is an issue, that the Town of Innisfil, is now charging an entry fee of $10 to get into the park this year for out of town vehicles. I have written to the Town Council requesting to have that fee waived for participates of the fundraiser. I have to wait for Town Council's decision on January 20 and will post hopefully good news that the fee will be waived.

If anyone needs to get a hold of us with ideas, offers of help, donations of prizes etc., please don't hesitate to call us at 705-436-3607 or email us at [email protected].

I hope this clears up some of the questions that have come up and I will keep my eye on OFC for any further communication but please know that Terry and I are not very computer literate and are not too sure how to navigate around the OFC but I guess we can learn!

Thank you to all of you again for your support.

Elisa and Terry French

Hi,

Thank you to Loonietoon, I know who you are ; ).

Thank you to douG for offering to cook rather than fish.

Thanks Chris for the welcome.

Thank you to JPD for the offer of prizes.

Thank you to Aile Goby for the offer of prizes and like I said, Terry and I are very computer illiterate and we have no idea what "PM me" means.

So to JPD and Aile Goby please let us know what we need to do and if we need to pick up these donations beforehand.

Thanks everyone.

One of the thing's people look forward to is the annual online auction. Are we going to do that this year?

I think some people want to help, but can't get out there for the day. but participating in the auction gives them a way to help, without getting cold... ;)

Thoughts?

Hi Bill, no online auction this year... to be honest, its just too much for the organizer(s) to handle, every year we get complaints from people who paid and didnt get thier stuff or its takes forever, to people who just don't pay. I am in the process of looking into how to best run raffles for these causes as that may be a better way to raise $$ Maybe if anyone wants to donate we can just keep it to cash this year. Im sure the parents wouldn't mind that.

Although not familiar with the event, would a "Silent Auction" work. Some places around here do this at some of their events. Each person participating is given a number. The items are placed out on a table with a piece of paper onto which the person writes down their number and the amount they are bidding - for that item. You can see all the bids for each item and watch them grow. Be sure to announce what time the bidding will be closed. So, if there is something you really want, keep checking back, and increasing your bid. At the end, with everyone around, announce the item, winner's number, and the amount they bid. Collect the money and hand over the item. If the person is no longer there, we just move to the next highest bid. Our church has had a couple of these and you can raise some good $$$ with this - and everyone has a lot of fun with it. Just a thought and some items could get pretty competative - especially when it is for such a great cause. Too bad I live so far away.

Edited by Rich Clemens

Big Cliff does that mean you will be taking up cooking again with Doug & myself :w00t::worthy::rolleyes:

Saddly no. As much as I would love to get back to working the grill, I have to be in Goddrich that weekend but I trust your years working under me as an apprentice have prepaired you to handle the situation. :clapping:

I am in the process of trying to scrounge up some prizes:

Hey, how about a certificate for a free tune up on an auger/trimmer/chainsaw/lawn mower (only one) (no lawn tractors) including parts (excluding piston, cylinder, or main component) (Fuel lines, fuel filter, carb kit, spark plug, that sort of thing) and labour? Would that be something that might add to the prize table? If so, consider it done.

I am at a loss here as to what I can do, cash is a little tight for us right now.

I could provide some cooked chicken for food as I work at a food company.

I know in the past, burgers and sausages were preferred, but I can get breaded cooked wings, cooked chicken breasts, etc which could be heated easily enough on the bbq, and then people could add their own sauce on the plate. It's great because it's safe (no chance of undercooked meat)

Just let me know!

Tony

I could provide some cooked chicken for food as I work at a food company.

I know in the past, burgers and sausages were preferred, but I can get breaded cooked wings, cooked chicken breasts, etc which could be heated easily enough on the bbq, and then people could add their own sauce on the plate. It's great because it's safe (no chance of undercooked meat)

Just let me know!

Tony

I like the idea of spicy hot chicken wings on the ice :)