I wouldent fish here!

troutboy

I was asking myself how those salmon can keep coming back year after year to attept not to get snagged by literly hundreds of hooks,good thing up north here there are tons of salmon and trout rivers that spred the crowds of only 60 people at the most! :D

Still nowhere near as bad as Bronte.

Compared to PetroCan Park, the spot in the video looks like it has way more room to fish. Plus there's no garbage or coils of old fishing line lying around, and no half-rotten, maggot-encrusted, sliced-open chinnies to step over. Looks like the guys in the video take their salmon home to eat, so they at least value them on some level -- unlike the goons at Bronte who just slice them open and leave them flopping on the bank to rot. And as irishfield notes, everyone seems to get along and try to stay out of one another's way. Definitely not like Bronte at all.

Bronte has to be the biggest toilet on the planet. Even the Dirty Burt has more going for it.

After reading the comments to this topic...I know why I stay away from Bronte and all the other crowded spots when it comes to my Steelheading or occasional pier fishing for salmon. I would rather catch 1/4 of the fish and actually enjoy the experience. When it gets to where you have to wait for someone else to reel in before you can begin your drift it becomes less pleasurable...it isn't all about numbers of fish. Guess I'm just getting old!!!!!!