Jan 4th Laketrout session.

limeyangler

Hi all,

Finally got out for some Lakers, its been a usual thing for me to get out Jan 1st for opener, but -40c and the head cold from hell and family stuff delayed me by a WHOLE 4 DAYS! nearly killed me....lol.

So....got a window of opportunity yesterday afternoon.....and i can get to the trout lake by sled right from our house....I'M OUTTA HERE!

Set up pretty much where i fished last year....65 FOW, various spoons, tube jigs, plain jigs used.....live baits from small to large minnows and some 6" sucker minnows used too....just playing with different styles and presentations....got hits on all the different combinations....fish were not fussy.

Tons of smelt on the screen all day....really cool watching a dark orange signal move through the darker blue clouds of bait fish.....come right through and smack my jig just above the bait fish mark....AWESOME.

Here's my vid for the couple hours i spent out, missed a few, released a few....kept 2....not much better than that except landing one over 10lbs which i still have not accomplished on the ice or in the boat....maybe this year.

NEW YEARS RESOLUTION, WATCHING MY LANGUAGE ON VIDEOS....A COUPLE OF SLIP UPS...HALF BLEEPED

Great video. You didn't get every fish but you sure had some great entertainment from them.

Your right on the money about entertainment Skud, was fun....still find it odd when i'm putting the video together and think...."i'm sitting in the middle of nowhere in a tent talking to myself"....lol......guess i'll be that drunk guy on a park bench one day...you know...the one swearing at the pidgeons all day.

Love those vids as always. Can't wait till the Laker waters down here are ready.

Trout not open where you are?

Right on Simon! Can't wait to get out for them on the weekend.

We should get together with some of the NWO folks for a day/weekend on the ice.

We did that last year , was fun. We are gonna try again this year. But if ya wanna get out sometime without the crowd too im up for that as well. There are a couple of other "tobans" i know from the iceshanty.com website....they plan to hook up with us this year too....might be Feb on Shoal Lake for whities.

Happy New Years Simon and thanks for sharing that cool video :thumbsup_anim:

Got to feel real good to be able to get a limit and some :clapping:

Great job and keep them reports coming :)

Jacques

Happy new year to you too Jacques......i'm cooking the trout under the grill at this very moment.

Hooo doggie! I still haven't dropped a line for lakers....YET. Can't wait...thanks for the vicarious satisfaction ;)

there's that scarily big word again..... ;)

nice lakers simon congrats

Cheers Corvette.

You're a filthy mouthed ol' booger, aintcha?... that's ok, I like that kinda stuff! :w00t:

Excellent vid and some beautiful fish Simon, thanks for taking the time to share that!!! :Gonefishing::canadian::thumbsup_anim:

I noticed your Red Bull can right in front of the heater, do you like that stuff boiling hot??? :blink:

You're a filthy mouthed ol' booger, aintcha?... that's ok, I like that kinda stuff! :w00t:

Excellent vid and some beautiful fish Simon, thanks for taking the time to share that!!! :Gonefishing::canadian::thumbsup_anim:

I noticed your Red Bull can right in front of the heater, do you like that stuff boiling hot??? :blink:

Cheers Glen, lol...by the time i get to where i'm going on the snowmachine the red bull is frozen solid....lol...not boiling it...THAWING IT OUT!

Great vid as always :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks Dan.

Nice video, thankyou. Those sure are a pretty colour. Its giving me the itch...I should get out myself.

I just don't do a lot of ice fishing anymore.

You should get out there Dara, give thta woodworking a rest for a day....i'm still very impressed by that maple and cherry number though...stunning!

Great job again! You have been catching so many fish that they have been chomping at your shins ... I can tell from the video footage when your legs are shown.

Amazing fun out there. Thank you for the report.

Yeah Phish, not very big trout, but non stop entertainment!

Well played limey, boy im jealous think ill move farther north

its pretty good fishing up here..thats for sure Scot

way to go Simon , i got a small laker last weekend up in Haliburton ... got to use the new flasher works like a charm ... just need more hrs on it

yup flasher or graph...makes all the difference! How deep were ya fishing in Haliburton?