Difficulty With Clam Corp (Rant)

GNODDY

Ok I don't post here often typically because I don't have much to say but here goes

I pulled my Fish trap guide out of the shed today and wouldn't you know it Mickey and His freinds made Swiss Cheese out of my Canvas :angry:

So I get on the horn with Clamcorp and sure they'll sell me one but only if I'm an American living in the U.S. I find this a little frusterating as most lakes you go to in the winter are littered with blue shacks. I've called all the usual go to shops here in GTA and all they tell me is, order it from Clamcorp. I've explained to them the situation because I know the deal, they want to probably sell me a new one but for 169 bucks US I can just replace my canvas seeing as the shack is only a year old I refuse to go out and buy a new shack.

Any suggestions as to where I should go from here. :huh:

Thanks

G

Funny.. Frabil has no issue shipping to Canada! lol

I'm sure one of our US friends here would order for you and reship Geoff...

How bad is the tent?? I had a lot of wear holes, from towing for a 1000 KM last winter, were the tubes rubbed through. Tent patch kit worked well to cover them up.. at least so far. I put the patches on late March and I opened it yesterday and they're still in place.

Oh no Wayne my buddy Jeff (Team Empty Pockets) stopped by on his way home because he had the same thoughts but him and I had a good laugh when I opened it up. There is no patching this badboy. It would look like one of those new Otter Camo Shacks when I was done LOL

:o:D

Ted.. will change everytime you pack it up.. depending how you tuck the material in before putting the cover on the wear spot will be different. Lloyd and I beat the hell out of our equipment last March. Pole pivot bolts sheared off and or lost.. tents worn through.. UHMW runners sheared off.. auger head coming off gear box.. etc.. etc. Only thing that we didn't break was our sleds. Damage and extra hammering was thanks to a flash freeze from slushy to solid in less than an hour and then 5 days of pounding stuff on that at 50 MPH. We did about 400 KM of travel in 5 days.

Ok I don't post here often typically because I don't have much to say but here goes

I pulled my Fish trap guide out of the shed today and wouldn't you know it Mickey and His freinds made Swiss Cheese out of my Canvas :angry:

So I get on the horn with Clamcorp and sure they'll sell me one but only if I'm an American living in the U.S. I find this a little frusterating as most lakes you go to in the winter are littered with blue shacks. I've called all the usual go to shops here in GTA and all they tell me is, order it from Clamcorp. I've explained to them the situation because I know the deal, they want to probably sell me a new one but for 169 bucks US I can just replace my canvas seeing as the shack is only a year old I refuse to go out and buy a new shack.

Thanks

G

Well that's beyond, "it sucks" they take our money with no customer service. I would sent Clam Corp an e-mail or letter outlining the power of the internet when it comes to customer service. I'm sure we're not their biggest consumer simply by population numbers, however when this hits every fishing board north of the border, they'll either be rethinking their position or loose a lot of Cdn customers. Let us know how you make out.

I was told that there were none in Canada,when I was looking for a new cover for Lady Chevy's clam,but I called Graham@Trombly's and he had me one in his hands 2 days later......You may want to call there.....TC and tight lines.....Chuck....

I LOL'd

Guest skeeter99

Thanks

G

just go to gagnons they have ordered replacement tops for me no issue

and my buddy got a warranty top cause it was ripped through le barons in markham no issue

in fact le barons will order for you over the phone

dont see what the issue is???

yes they dont deal with consumers in canada

only authorized dealers

I've had clam send me up stuff from the USofA... if you are unable to get it form the above posters destination. Email Clam Corp directly, explaining your "Canadian situation" and even tho they are not supposed to, they will go that extra yard for you.

d-mo

had the same problems with them regarding new poles they told me no cods to canada .

I offered to pay shipping cost up front was in my hand a week later the girl serving me was great went out of her way to help .

also the manager a bass pro said he would add it to one of his order if :rolleyes: i was willing to wait .

Hi Geoff, did you get one yet, I called you and left you a massage, I have not hear from you since. If you still need my help, just call me at BPS.

I have talk to Clam so many times about the service issue. I do understand their problem dealing with Canadian customer, at the end it is going to hurt their sales. Frabill have been very good for the past two year, good quality product and have not hear any complaint from customer.

When he said swiss cheese I was like......Ya whatever...Couple of little holes. BUT NO! He wasn't kidding. That lid is destroyed by those furry little buggers!

Thanks to Mike Jackson at Fishing World in Hamilton for helping out with this problem! We might get it installed tomorrow.

Thanks to Mike Jackson at Fishing World in Hamilton for helping out with this problem!

I have never met Mike personally..but spoke with him on the phone several times...cause I have ordered stuff from them over the years. Has always came through for me. Good to see he was able to help your bud too.

a sharp piece of plastic on my clam 2000 put a few inch gash in the fabric and they sent me a whole new hut for FREE. cant beat that service :thumbsup_anim:

i find it odd that they wont ship just the fabric to you but they would send me a whole new hut from the states???

I sent them an E-mail last month about ordering an Ice Armor Extreme suit directly from them, and they sent this back:

Good Morning Mr. Dewar,

Sportman’s Guide is the Clam dealer in Canada. Please find their website below:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/search/sear...arch&k=clam

They will deliver ice shelters and other accessories. Although we are not able to deliver ice shelters to Canada, we may be able to help you with items you are having difficulty finding.

Thank you,

Carla Briggs

Customer Service

Clam Corporation/Polar Sport

600 Clydesdale Trail

Medina, MN 55340-9361

Phone: 763-231-4120

Fax: 763-231-4121

www.clamcorp.com

I ended up ordering it and a pair of mitts from Gagnon's in Oshawa and had it shipped to Sudbury for a lot cheaper than I could find it anywhere else. I would love to check out that Gagnon's Sports some time in person, I bet it's amazing.