Is it worth 21,800. Help

bigredfisher

hi this is the boat that i am about to purchase. Davey feel free to add your imput aswell. It comes with 2 electric riggers with auto stop and 1 gps/sonar fish finder. It comes with 2 yamaha motors (2008 motors no more than 50 hrs on them). What is the approximate value for this boat. I want to make sure that its worth it. what do you guys think? here are some pics.....

GetAttachmentaspx-2.jpg

boat2-1.jpg

boat3-1.jpg

boat4-1.jpg

boat5-1.jpg

boat7.jpg

boat8.jpg

boat9.jpg

boat.jpg

boat6.jpg

boat3.jpg

thanks.

bigredfisher

This is the way I would look at it, The motors are 2 years old with VERY little time on them , they were probably worth 15,000 for the big motor and 6,000 for the little one (at least here in Red Lake), The depreciation for the blue book on them may make them worth considerably less, but since you are looking at the total package, they are still worth 15,000 together to you. The downriggers and other accessories are easily worth a 1000 and the boat trailer is worth 500, ,so that is 16,500 leaving the rest for the value of the boat. Any boat that floats up our way is worth 1000 and this boat looks in pretty good shape and worth the difference they are asking.

To me, I think this is a pretty good deal, I'm sure the seller could get more up here if it were located here.

Edited by grt1

Page 19 has your boat..

http://www.princecraft.com/upload//archive...f4-c027f79eb8fa

Suggested USA value + add adjustments for the new motors of course! Motors are worth about $12,000 more RETAIL than the old ones.

http://www.nadaguides.com/default.aspx?LI=...c=mr&gtc=MR

Edited by irishfield

Definitely NOT worth that money IMO. Seller is trying to get too much for the "new" motors.

Did you check kijiji for comparables - you won't find the exact same one, but probably something similar.

NADA guides are OK, but are relied on more heavily in the US. Most boats in Canada sell for a premium of the nada guide amounts.

Speaking of US boats - have you looked for one there? The dollar is very favourable right now and it is really quite easy to bring them across the border.

DON'T be in a huury when buying a boat - you will find one eventually. Being in a hurry leads to irrational decisons.

The boats looks terrible with all those different carpets in there - should raise alarm bells....

A boat that size "should" have a built in gas tank, but I see a jerry can in there - why? Can you water test it somewhere? If you can't don't buy it.

For comparison purposes, I had a line on a new non-current 2007 with a 2009 115, only 17 foot though with full top and 55 pound tm for $17K taxes in. I guess no kicker and no riggers, but still that boat is 9 years old...just seems like a lot to pay.

Edited by Dutch

Has the seller given you a reason for the tri-colour carpet? It certainly didn't come from the factory like that unless it was a Christmas special (green & red).

Why the newer motors? What happened to the original motors? Generally a boat like that would have been sold as a package of some sort with factory or dealer installed motors.

Why the portable gas tank? I hope it's just hooked up to the kicker because somebody was too lazy to tee into the built in tank, I'm sure it has one. I wouldn't want to go too far with a 115 drinking from a 5 gallon tank, even if it is a 4 stroke.

Too many questions to spend that kinda dough in my opinion.

Seerms to me the boat has been sunk (and left submerged for some period of time). It would answer all the above concerns. The original carpet, motor and fuel tank were all damaged, contaminated or ruined to some extent for some reason.

If you got over 20 grand to spend on a boat, why you would even look at used packages like that is beyond me.

No, in addition to the other boat issues I think I see a dent just above one of the guide bunks, any more?

For example, here is a similar vintage hull, somewhat larger, looks to be in far nicer shape, well cared for, well equipped with lots of extras, something someone took a little pride in. OK, there is a known issue with the main power, but with months till spring and 12G's of wiggle room for repower or rebuild, you could come off with a much nicer package IMHO.

For that money, I would be looking for a hull in this shape.

http://forums.quintefishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7951

I'm saying the $$$ is too much.

*****This Is Key***---Don't buy any Used boat without putting in the water---are you able to do this in your area-this time of year?

I think you can shop around----you may find a better deal in the spring when people are trading in for new models.

Downriggers and electronics can always be installed by you on another craft.

Bushart

When I purchased my boat, I made sure to get it inspected by a professional. Try Doug at Bay City Marine in Hamilton or Top Gun Marine in Bradford. Also find out where the owner got the boat serviced; if at all, they might be able to help. If the owner wants to sell it, have him tow to the shop and pay for the inspection. Best $100 you can spend.

You should do all this before trying to speculate what its worth. I also agree with Bushart, make sure you take it for a spin too.

For the same money you could get the same boat in mint condition.It may be functionally sound but thats not very old for having the carpet redone.My general impression is that it has not been well looked after because if there was ANY pride of ownership he would NEVER have put that junk carpet in the boat to begin with,100% pass on this 1 Darryl.

i just came from dropping off our boat at the Legend dealer and was having a look around. they have some pretty sweet 18-20' boats out there ready to fish with riggers, rods, trolling motor, full enclosures for anywhere from 18500-25000 and there all BRAND NEW! i think id be having a look around

what i did(based on some of the quotes here) was offer him 19 k for it. Is that still to high. I dont think hes gonna take it though so thanks for the help. I think that im gonna walk. Thanks soo much. If he does decide to take 19 for it (very doubtful) so i go for it. I am on the search again. Feel free to add some links to good deals cause i dont know. I just checked out bigfatbass.com. let me know thanks again

bigredfisher