Whut is up?

pigeonfisher

All,

How are things in the great white north? Long time no check in.

I understand that in my absence you in Ontario have decided to implement a new tax. Always a good idea, I hope it doesn't have much of a negative impact on consumer spending or industry...DANG.

Y'all must be about ready for the ice fishing season? Everyone getting the Barbie sleds (or other method of transport) all geared up and waxed for the upcoming season? Here in Hanover, PA we had the first ice fishing season in a decade last year. One of the folks I work with has a hubby who guides out of the Chesapeake for Rock fish and other fun species, he is gonna take me out on the local lake here if it freezes this year.

All out here is well... I have attached a pic of the family..

Like the rest of the world we are looking forward to an uptic in this economy during 2010. With any luck it will help us all with our ability to add to our gear collections. My current collection is of the running sort. I have a race on Saturday and then start winter training for a 1/2 marathon in March. Should be a lot of fun. Kristi has started running with me a couple days per week which is a nice treat!

Although I haven't been around much lately, a number of you are always in my thoughts. I hope that this Holiday is a wonderful time for all of you guys. Firstly, travel safely. Make the right decisions when it's time to drive home from your various outings! Enjoy all of your family this Christmas, it is easy for us all to take them for granted.

Be well guys & dolls!

Steve (& Coop, Carson, Callum, Kristi)

Santa_2009_023.jpg

Edited by Pigeonfisher

wooooooohoooooooo! Fantastic pic, Steve! What the heck happened to you? You must have lost 100 pounds at least! You're looking fantastic... congrats to you. Really nice seeing you guys even if only in pic. Steve and family, you know you're welcome to my house anytime. Thanks for posting, Steve. Have the happiest Christmas Steve, Kristi, Cooper, Carson and Callum!

I really enjoyed this post... God Bless.

Actually I traded in for a Manny. Like a Nanny but does all the stuff I should do around the house. hahahahaaa

about 70lbs off this year...Weighing in these days around 188.

Rick, how have you been in the new world? Saw you were taking a young lady fishing in Port D. Very nice.

Thanks for the welcome, Roy. You just never know when that could work out. I haven't been back to La Bell Province for some time.

Be well all and play safe.

Thanks for the nice replies fellas.

DooGle, We don't have a lot of Pho out here. A town nearby has what they call "Award Winning" Thai cuisine. It is hard to get a babysitter at night for the band of monkeys though. Perhaps I will need to pick some up as a treat for everyone on Christmas Eve.

Brian, you guys getting busier at the shop? Still hittin' the gym?

Lew, As I recall you took the summer off OFC to recluse yourself up at the lake. I am sure that you had a productive season chasing those pesky shoal carp!

Raf, We are well. How are you doing? Still on the water with JP a lot?

Things are well... The more I think it would be nice to be closer to home, the more having my family with me reminds me that I am in fact home. Home changes locations.

Wow...That was a while ago. Trip through memory lane!

thanks for that. Was it Roy's Birthday?

Yep...You guessed it...this pic was taken on the 19th July 2003...I wonder if he still has that rusty old old tackle box we all donated the ugliest lure we had to fill it with ???

roysvisitsaturday19julyc.jpg

Looks like even the pic is getting old and decrepit like me...LOL

Edited by Beans

Wow, you're almost unrecognizable Steve. Congrats on the dramatic weight loss. I hear ya on the clothes change thing, twice over!! But I'm not complaining, I love shopping :lol:

Hope you stop up here soon to see us one day in the future. It's been too long. I had Pho the other day and thought of you ;)

Joey

wow, buncha 'ol memories & members coming outta the woodwork on this thread

glad to see all is well for you & the fam in your "new" home there Steve

as i seem to recall though, you werent the best icefisher, but what some people seem to forget is that its all in the "chumming of the hole" :wacko: