Crestliner Recall

Radnine

Every manufacture states in their brochures..and I only have Lund's here to quote.. " Because Lund is dedicated to constant improvements, the specifications, options, colour selections, and model availabilities of our boats are subject to change without notification"

That said... is fine and dandy before delivery.. but once you've taken delivery of your "dream" and have got use to it's ability to store your gear... a design change after the fact, that effects the reason you bought it in the first place, is compensatable (sp/word?).

Would be like GM recalling your extended cab K1500 and telling you that half the rear seat had to be removed to comply with gross weight regulations.

Every manufacture states in their brochures..and I only have Lund's here to quote.. " Because Lund is dedicated to constant improvements, the specifications, options, colour selections, and model availabilities of our boats are subject to change without notification"

That said... is fine and dandy before delivery.. but once you've taken delivery of your "dream" and have got use to it's ability to store your gear... a design change after the fact, that effects the reason you bought it in the first place, is compensatable (sp/word?).

Would be like GM recalling your extended cab K1500 and telling you that half the rear seat had to be removed to comply with gross weight regulations.

John F, I think we have a convert!

I am not deliberately trying to bump this. It's just that somehow I missed this after Roy posted all the info.

I will look forward to talking with the lads from Crestliner at the show (Bernie included, I guess!).

Jim

John F, I think we have a convert!

I am not deliberately trying to bump this. It's just that somehow I missed this after Roy posted all the info.

I will look forward to talking with the lads from Crestliner at the show (Bernie included, I guess!).

Jim

Keep the pressure on. The rest will succumb. :thumbsup_anim:

JF

This has slid down the page a little so I thought I'd bring it back to the top in case anyone interested had missed it and wanted to ask a question or add a comment. Being civil here will go a long way.

Thanks guys.

• My boat is not on your recall list – does it need a foam kit installed?

a. No. If it isn’t listed in the recall table, it isn’t subject to the recall.

Hi Roy, great follow-up. As a Crestliner owner, I really appreciate the effort.

Can we see a copy of the recall table? I just want to make sure my model is included or not.

more reasons to stay well away from crestliner,fix the problem for safety and you will lose room,would you buy that boat now?no,sell it after you fix it and buy canadian legend,or princecraft.

That's what i'm talking about. Legend warranty is amazing and if there was ever an issue it would be fixed either at the Barrie or Whitefish locations :D

Henry I am aware you are connected to selling Legend watercraft.

As with most any manufactured product sold there may be an issue happen from time to time. Otherwise there would not be mechanics.

Crestliner is working hard to rectify the situation in this case.

If we want to get into slamming each others product I'm sure I don't need to think too hard.

Edited by Bernie

Talk to anybody that knows anything about quality boats and you'll always see Crestliner listed as one of the better aluminum boats on the market, but I don't ever recall seeing Legend boats on that list.

I'm not knocking Legend, just stating a fact.

Thanks for your work on this topic Roy. I took my 16ft fish hawk to freedom marine north of Barrie. I haven't seen the boat after the kit was put in as I had it stored for the winter. Losing storage space suck's but I didn' buy the boat for it's storage space. Just the fact that Crestliner has come forward to fix the problem say's alot about the company.

Scooter

I can't believe I missed this thread and I don't remember getting a letter from Crestliner about this. Maybe I did, who knows...but my boat is affected...

Here's the list of boats affected...

PS- Good post lew ;)

04-09 14 Canadian tiller/sc

04-09 18 Canadain sc

09 167 kodiak tiller/sc

06-09 1600 Fish Hawk SC

00-06 1650 Fish Hawk SC

06-09 1700 Fish Hawk SC

00-05 1750 Fish Hawk SC

07-09 1850 Fish Hawk Tiller

04-09 1650 Sport Angler

07-09 1650 Canadian

07-09 1850 Canadian

03-09 192 TS SC

07-09 1850 Sport fish SST

Edited by AzuluSpookd

Thanks Roy, I'm still on the fence regarding having the kit installed on my '04 1600 Angler.

Roy!! Our hero!!

Hi Roy, great follow-up. As a Crestliner owner, I really appreciate the effort.

Can we see a copy of the recall table? I just want to make sure my model is included or not.

Thanks for your work on this topic Roy. I took my 16ft fish hawk to freedom marine north of Barrie. I haven't seen the boat after the kit was put in as I had it stored for the winter. Losing storage space suck's but I didn' buy the boat for it's storage space. Just the fact that Crestliner has come forward to fix the problem say's alot about the company.

Scooter

Yah, thank God Roy broke this story <_<

(I'm just kiddin' I don't need strokes that badly ;) )

Jim

Here is an interesting hypothetical situation.

You are advised of the danger to life and safety and choose to ignore recall.

Your boat sinks with you and your passenger drown or are injured.

Question:

1) Does your life insurance company have grounds to deny payout claim?

2) Does your passengers family have grounds to sue you for negligent death or even criminal action?

Even if defend-able do you want to put your family through such a nightmare?

Just asking....

I can't believe I missed this thread and I don't remember getting a letter from Crestliner about this. Maybe I did, who knows...but my boat is affected...

Here's the list of boats affected...

PS- Good post lew ;)

04-09 14 Canadian tiller/sc

04-09 18 Canadain sc

09 167 kodiak tiller/sc

06-09 1600 Fish Hawk SC

00-06 1650 Fish Hawk SC

06-09 1700 Fish Hawk SC

00-05 1750 Fish Hawk SC

07-09 1850 Fish Hawk Tiller

04-09 1650 Sport Angler

07-09 1650 Canadian

07-09 1850 Canadian

03-09 192 TS SC

07-09 1850 Sport fish SST

I'll have to check with my dealer again. When I spoke with them in the fall, they said they needed to order a kit for my model, now I don't see it on that list, which is a good thing.

Thanks for the list.

I just checked with my dealer and my 2005 1750 fishhawk is on the recall list. The good news is I won't be loosing any storage space on my boat - according to my dealer (proctor) and they seem to know what they're talking about. The bad news is I've gotta get my boat there - hopefully before things get too busy in the spring. Might as well get it done though - better safe than sorry.

Henry I am aware you are connected to selling Legend watercraft.

As with most any manufactured product sold there may be an issue happen from time to time. Otherwise there would not be mechanics.

Crestliner is working hard to rectify the situation in this case.

If we want to get into slamming each others product I'm sure I don't need to think too hard.

Yea your totally Right Bernie. It's just awesome they are coming forward to correct the problem. Kudos to Crestliner :thumbsup_anim:

Talk to anybody that knows anything about quality boats and you'll always see Crestliner listed as one of the better aluminum boats on the market, but I don't ever recall seeing Legend boats on that list.

I'm not knocking Legend, just stating a fact.

Haha Yea in time i hope to see them up there Lew :D

I am in the market for a good used boat (17 - 21', 2 to 5 years old) ... based on all the banter I have read here and based on the goodwill shown by Crestliner ... if any dissatisfied Crestliner owners affected by this recall wants to PM me I'd be happy to consider their offer to sell ...