Halloween Steelhead

aniceguy

It was Halloween the other day and its always been one of my favorite days, maybe because the leaves have changed, maybe because its smack in the middle of fall steelheading, it might even be the fact I love seeing my kids in their costumes all bundled up for trick or treat…………….AHHH who am I kidding its all about the candies afterwards as I dismiss some as inedible (only to be stashed for my own personal treasure trove….)

The kids have grown like a weed but they still get extremely excited over the candy feast, even though the streets were devoid of kids we stll went regardless of any H1N1 fears

They still look adorable in my eyes

20091031_1032_edited-1.jpg

Figuring I only had at best a few hours to fish I thought I ll stay local and fish those North Shore steelhead. On the water by 7:30 off by 12:00 for a beer and chicken wings at kelsey’s to rush home to take my youngest to baseball

Enjoyed the morning out…I was hoping the winds settle so I can fish Erie Sunday with Mike but Mother natures South west mentality stopped me dead in my tracks so it was a north mission with him instead, great call it was too boot, fished with lots of ppl over the years but Mike is one dude I really enjoy the time with.

I found thus far this fall that the majority of my fish came on skein rather than loose eggs and any colored up fish came on chartreuse as opposed to any chrome fish were on pinks bags…go figure.

Any how a friend and I managed to hook into a dozen or so for a few hours, I found the fish just bent on destroying me with thier runs and a few with vicious headshakes, always enjoyable when you can get into some really hot fall fish…. Enjoy the pictures

This one seemed to have a deformed Gill plate but was none the worse for wear or aggression

20091031_0985_edited-1.jpg

Nothing I love to take pictures more of then bright dime chromers though, hope i captured how bright thsi fish really was

20091031_0997_edited-1.jpg

As much as I love a hot bright Chromer I also love a good colored up fish thier rainbow colors can get spectacular in the fall a much nicer hue then in the spring in my opinion, I never really thought about it until someone mentioned it, but this is a truely magazine quality shot in my opinion

This one has my pick for favorite so far of the year

20091031_1004_edited-1.jpg

Enjoy thanks

Edited by aniceguy

As much as I love a hot bright Chromer I also love a good colored up fish thier rainbow colors can get spectacular in the fall a much nicer hue then in the spring in my opinion, I never really thought about it until someone mentioned it, but this is a truely magazine quality shot in my opinion

I agree !00%, fall is tops in my books. Beauty shot!

I use a canon power shot 8mp i find canon has the best color saturation and in the macro setting provides the neccesary quality to bring it to PS and enhance the colors.

Wish I could bring an SLR but I just cant see lugging it into rivers.

true dat. We could all use a little more color saturation come winter.

cheers!