Look what I found in the woods

Daplumma

Found this guy walking around in the woods today.I was able to get pretty close but the camera was not on the right setting.

med_gallery_7_64_88872.jpg

med_gallery_7_64_7888.jpg

med_gallery_7_64_201347.jpg

I came back later and he was checking himself out in the reflection of Bex car.He even did a little dance for me.

med_gallery_7_64_75310.jpg

med_gallery_7_64_64890.jpg

Joe

Edited by Daplumma

Isn't that your pet Turkey you had penned up with the chickens the last time I was up there Joe?... what was his name?... TJSA?

I remember him coming up and pecking on my boots for cracker crumbs and potato chips!... or am I full of it?... I can't remember which? ;):P:w00t:

Cool pics Joe!

... he was eating the chicken scratch, wasn't he?

Isn't that your pet Turkey you had penned up with the chickens the last time I was up there Joe?... what was his name?... TJSA?

I remember him coming up and pecking on my boots for cracker crumbs and potato chips!... or am I full of it?... I can't remember which? ;):P:w00t:

Cool pics Joe!

... he was eating the chicken scratch, wasn't he?

Bex brought him some scratch grain yesterday and he ate it all up.The parking lot is where she works.If he hangs around I might invite him over for thankgiving.

Joe,theres an old saying,,,,,,,,,,,,Finders,keepers. ;):lol:

This pic looks like he is doing a fake sexual move on a hen.Seriously.

med_gallery_7_64_64890.jpg

Looks like one of my roosters doin the chicken dance to me.They start doing that when they are barely peeps and do it till they die.I learned more about Turkeys from having chickens than any amount of time in the field.There is a high end retirement community near where this guy was.I suspect some old hunter has been baiting this young one in.Was cool to be that close and not pull the trigger.....yet.

Joe