What is wrong with people?

Daplumma

Today at a stoplight a youngish girl pulled up next to me in a new Mustang.She finished her cigarette and dropped it out the window onto the ground.I looked over at her and said"Nice car".She looked over at me and said "Thanks".I then asked her if it came with an ashtray.She then stared straight ahead and waited for the light to change.what the hell is up with people throwing their butts on the road?I know from the parts of Canada that I have visited that litter on the highway is much less than down here but is thios a problem up there also?

Joe

I know from the parts of Canada that I have visited that litter on the highway is much less than down here but is thios a problem up there also?

Joe

Cigarette butts make excellent mulch!!!.. they retain tons of moisture under dry conditions doncha yanno!!!!

If you're going to squawk aboot something, squawk aboot the fact that you can't catch fish in Virginny... therefore you have no reports!!!

... it sux to be you eh???... how are Pops, Miss Becky, and my Poodle doing???

Work is slow and im back doing landscaping for a few weeks and every time before starting work we have to walk around picking up garbage in the complex or apartment. One one guy at a corner unit must smoke 1 pack a day on his porch. We come once a week to landscape the complex and every where there are 100+ on his lawn.

Its disgusting How hard is it to put them in a waterbottle or something. :rolleyes:

Edited by Mattones

We had an ole fella here that picked up every butt on the off ramp at Bayfield and made a pile out of them. Who cared?????????? The news did,but now theres flowers on the side of the road.

If you're going to squawk aboot something, squawk aboot the fact that you can't catch fish in Virginny... therefore you have no reports!!!

Oh keep yer shirt on,Im sure theres one coming. :lol:B)

most cars and trucks do not come with ashtrays these days, so theres your answer.

they try to discourage smoking and do not equip cars with ashtrays,then people complain when they get tossed out the window.

i do not smoke. i quit 2 years ago. most non smokers treat smokers as if they were hitler.

my car didnt come with a pepsi can disposal device and i manage not to toss cans out the window when i'm done.

no,but when you have filled up that can with cigarette butts and toss it in the garbage you've just pissed off the hippies who want to know why you havent cleaned the can out and recycled it!

most cars and trucks do not come with ashtrays these days, so theres your answer.

they try to discourage smoking and do not equip cars with ashtrays,then people complain when they get tossed out the window.

i do not smoke. i quit 2 years ago. most non smokers treat smokers as if they were hitler.

I've been on both sides of the smoking deal also.You can squeeze the cherry off and toss the filter in your trash if you have to.The paper and tobacco will turn to dirt right quick.As GCD says ,the fiters make good mulch,they take forever to break down.Congrats on your quitting,its not and easy thing.I dont have a problem with smokers...just people that litter.Sort of like how hunters feel about poachers.I hate it when the papers refer to criminals that poach as "hunters".

Joe

Edited by Daplumma

You should have gotten out and picked it up, they make great bait for catfish doncha know :P

Joey

Joey...Joey....Joey... you poor misguided fisherwomen. You all need to come to the South and get a catfishin lesson. I am getting ready to go out Saturday and the first stop is to get about 1/2 dozen or so of 12" shad to cut in half and send down to the bottom for the real catfish. If my small mind doesn't forget the camera I will post a report.

gheez cigarette butts for catfish......not even sheephead eat them things......

Art

Joey...Joey....Joey... you poor misguided fisherwomen. You all need to come to the South and get a catfishin lesson. I am getting ready to go out Saturday and the first stop is to get about 1/2 dozen or so of 12" shad to cut in half and send down to the bottom for the real catfish. If my small mind doesn't forget the camera I will post a report.

gheez cigarette butts for catfish......not even sheephead eat them things......

Art

:lol: I await your report.

And I'm pretty sure sheephead eat anything ;)

Today at a stoplight a youngish girl pulled up next to me in a new Mustang.She finished her cigarette and dropped it out the window onto the ground.I looked over at her and said"Nice car".She looked over at me and said "Thanks".I then asked her if it came with an ashtray.

What a great zinger! :P

I guess the thing that bugs me the most is Tim Horton's coffee cups.

Its all in how you look at it..I pointed out to a charter cap'n that when he puts 40 kilo of salt on the boat ramp he pollutes 40,000 L of water and risks getting the ramps closed and a $200,000 fine and they said it was pee in a bucket.

I'm sure some look at it as one more butt is just one in thousands.