What's your favourite Tackle Shop in Ont.

Roger

Some fellas would say it is my living room. They stop by for a few things, chew the fat, have a coffee while browsing, stay long enough and get fed................

No wonder I don't make any money selling tackle :lol:

All time fave would be Tightlines for their steelheading selection. I always stock up there. For everything else, Lebaron. What really dictates where I go is which direction I go from the city.

Bass pro (400) _____ Lebaron (404)

Lebaron _____ TORONTO!! _____ Tightlines

Edited by danjang

1. Angling Outfitters in Woodstock. Lots of product, fantastic customer service and prices. Jocelyn and the guys are hilarious as well.

2. Lambeth Rod & Tackle (just outside London). Steve's a great guy and has a nice shop. Very helpful by far the best in the London city limits.

2yrs later and both those stores have got even better

There are many places I want to spend a few bucks inwhistling.gif Jos is next in line when im up that way. But I like my local guysthumbsup_anim.gif I bring them a timmies every time I go in. Why not!

As one of them said, quote. Were in it for the long hawlthumbsup_anim.gif Thats what I like to hearclapping.gif

So enthusiastic about what they do, who cant resist to shop there. Kudos to Tim and Greg at Bills Baitclapping.gif

A previously mentioned store in London that has taken a big step forward is "Angling Sports" . New owner has given the place a face lift and now you can hardly get a parking spot out front of the store

I agree Grimsby Tackle is great had a couple problems with Adrian over the years but regardless he knows his stuff and will help you when he can, The new owner is great as well he set me up with what I needed to catch some which would include my first trout this year as I'm still new to it. I also was given some of the mountain of sasauge he had. Can't complain he feeds me sausage and means I can save on dinner and get more tackle lol. Also Bill's Bait has great service I never had a problem at Fishing World and the guys are generally good there for helping if you get the right guy. But I have been into Bill's Bait 3 times in the past week and the service is great there, I really can't say anywhere beats Bill's Bait and Grimsby Tackle for there service. They don't have the biggest selection like BPS or even Fishing World but they have what I need and if I can't get it there then I will head to one of the others.

Bill's Bait

Grimsby Tackle

Fishing World

Then the other Walmarts of fishing

Chris

My Fav Kitchener-Waterloo tackle shop closed down last year and I've been left debating between Rainbow Sports and Natural Sports as my two close to home options. I had a few bad first experiences at Natural Sports on my first dozen or so trips there. Rainbow is decent, but prices on most items is too high. Recently Natural has won my business as I've discovered an extremely helpful employee who fishes the same way I do and likes to talk about the same stuff and is extremely helpful - John. That name will mean something to one member of these boards in particular. Dave didn't start offering me customer service until he saw I was driving an Escalade one day (after I had been in there and ignored on multiple occasions despite clearly having questions to ask). Regardless, Natural in general has been getting progressively better for me and the prices are extremely good (cheaper than big box on many items and they have a full selection - including all loomis and live target).

My Fav Kitchener-Waterloo tackle shop closed down last year and I've been left debating between Rainbow Sports and Natural Sports as my two close to home options. I had a few bad first experiences at Natural Sports on my first dozen or so trips there. Rainbow is decent, but prices on most items is too high. Recently Natural has won my business as I've discovered an extremely helpful employee who fishes the same way I do and likes to talk about the same stuff and is extremely helpful - John. That name will mean something to one member of these boards in particular. Dave didn't start offering me customer service until he saw I was driving an Escalade one day (after I had been in there and ignored on multiple occasions despite clearly having questions to ask). Regardless, Natural in general has been getting progressively better for me and the prices are extremely good (cheaper than big box on many items and they have a full selection - including all loomis and live target).

Glad Burk was able to help you. If you deal with him you'll generally come away happy.

The Great Bear, even though it's an hour from me on the northeast side of Fort Frances. It's def. worth it.

Tons of great selection, geared towards Rainy River, Rainy Lake and LOTW for the most part, so it covers almost everything.

Great ownership, very helpful. Great stories and fish talk (huge plus for me)

Prices I'd say are average, some things are great, others are what you'd expect, some of the higher end bass cranks and etc can be pretty high, but if you get to know them, you'll always leave with some free gear.

Last year I took home about 20 rapala Dt series baits that were in the discount bin, free of charge! lol

Plus 1 dozen med minnows to them means 3 dozen, lol, always a huge plus

Edited by manitoubass2

Bills bait and tackle Hamilton. Great customer service and they greet just about everyone that walks in the door by name.

Im still a huge fan of BPS,but its a long drive for me. fishing world is around the corner from me,but the service there just sucks. every time i go there it gets worse,i went to get my fishing license renewed and decided to go there quick stop,i told 3 different employees there i needed one,and i stood there for 10 min while they stood around. i walked out went to bills bait and tackle. they were friendly and i had my license finished in a minute. good bye fishing world,hello bills bait and tackle.

It is nice that you mention John's name in a positive light. However, I think you crossed the line when u criticized Dave on a public forum behind his back!!! If you have a problem with someone, you should tell them to their face if you want to say anything. I would not want to read a criticism of me on the internet, behind my back.

Dave is actually a really good guy and the farthest thing from an elitist.

Landry

My tackle shop in my basement, if what I need is not their I will make it or build it, ie just poured 300 tube jigs and 300 ripping jigs on high end owner flip n pitch hooks, plus I have 300 rippers tied as well, just finished 5 deep diving shad style musky baits, with aluminum diving lips and 5 jerkbaits in the same shad style all made out of cedar, with 4 coats of envirotex, most of my tackle including steelhead jigs and flies are made during the winter months, as well as the odd rod build as well, winters go by reel quick when your busy, 2 other favorite places to shop are luremaking.com where a good portion of my supplies come from, and ebay where I can buy and sell as well.

It is nice that you mention John's name in a positive light. However, I think you crossed the line when u criticized Dave on a public forum behind his back!!! If you have a problem with someone, you should tell them to their face if you want to say anything. I would not want to read a criticism of me on the internet, behind my back.

Dave is actually a really good guy and the farthest thing from an elitist.

Landry

Nope, in business you have to call it like you see it and customer service/a positive store experience is often all that divides stores from each other (in Natural's case they have superior prices to most tackle shops and an extensive product line).

Reminds me of a certain fly shop where I was getting grilled for buying live bait when I was taking my 6 year old nephew fishing (do you have a license, what are you fishing for, where are you fishing etc) - never been back and told more than a few people about it. This is the basics on how people gather a reputation.

When I'm in a tackle shop 3 times per week for 5-6 months straight, purchasing something on each trip and I don't get offered service until someone happens to see that I'm driving a $90K Vehicle because they're fixing the kayak display out front, then it's just a fact as to why I'm getting service. What was the service? A pitch on a $550 Loomis rod while I was looking at a handful of $5-$10 lures. More than enough coincidences to make that situation a fact. Dave's service continues to be lacking despite my handful of receipts totaling roughly $800 since the beginning of April. Regardless, it should be kept in context that Natural is my tackle shop of choice, one employee didn't ruin it for me, and one helped it incredibly. Their prices are good, their selection is good, and there just aren't many top notch options in the KW area. It should also be mentioned that the younger staff at Natural are eager to help and quite knowledgeable. They're generally always the first to give you a hand.

I find it somewhat interesting Natural Sports wasn't mentioned at all in the dozens of posts on this thread before mine.

Continuing with the thread, outside of KW, I've had good experiences at Elwood Epps, Angling Outfitters, and Tall Tales in Cambridge (a big shout out to the owner who was extremely friendly and helpful the one time that I happened by the shop). Rainbow Sports (despite having inflated prices on smaller items like lures and line) have good service and EXTREMELY knowledgeable upper management and competitive pricing on soft baits and bigger items.

I used to like ROCK AND REEL ( OSHAWA )

one stop shopping....... for everything

and I mean everything

Used to shop there all the time, actually knew the guy that owned it. Best part is that I had NO IDEA...

I use Kingsway sports in Guelph they go beyond to help you out

They get my vote also, although I believe that the owner passed recently and his son is now running the shop. Hands down the lowest prices around for terminal tackle (especially float gear)

A previously mentioned store in London that has taken a big step forward is "Angling Sports" . New owner has given the place a face lift and now you can hardly get a parking spot out front of the store

i know l couldnt find a parking spot the other day..l love the new store.